Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the size of nissan cube's wiper blades? Tried to look up tirerack.com but I guess cube's are too new to be on there besides tire size. I'm looking to upgrade to Bosch Icon while it's on sale.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ohh i wish you woulda posted before my morning errands I spent a few minutes at autozone this morning and i could of found out for you . I suggest calling your local auto parts store and they will let you know over the phone .. Or simply looking it up on the manual. I did look it up on the nissan cube spec but it was a no go .

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
BentoBox said:
Anyone know the size of nissan cube's wiper blades? Tried to look up tirerack.com but I guess cube's are too new to be on there besides tire size. I'm looking to upgrade to Bosch Icon while it's on sale.

Thanks!
Wiper blades are 20" - Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Square1 said:
BentoBox said:

Thanks!
Wiper blades are 20" - Dan
Great Info!
Do you know the difference between 420A and 420B for Bosch Icon? Not sure which one I need.

·
Registered
839 Posts
BentoBox said:
Great Info!
Do you know the difference between 420A and 420B for Bosch Icon? Not sure which one I need.
From what I've read, Bosch doesn't have Icon blades for the Cube yet. - Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Square1 said:
BentoBox said:
Great Info!
From what I've read, Bosch doesn't have Icon blades for the Cube yet. - Dan
From my understanding, They go by size not by vehicle. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
839 Posts
BentoBox said:
From my understanding, They go by size not by vehicle. Could be wrong though.
This is true to a point, not all replacement blades come with all the various blade attachments. Some are very specific and only have one style of attachment. - Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChristineK said:
I am surprised that someone needs to replace the wiper blades already. This vehicle is not even a year old yet.
As it says on original post, I'm looking to upgrade. (doesn't mean it needs to be replaced)
Looks better and performs better. All my other cars have Bosch Icon and they're great wiper blades. not to mention they're on sale

·
Registered
839 Posts
BentoBox said:
Great Info!
Bento,

Our Cubes use a Hook-Slot style connector which is probably the most common. So I would think that any standard 20" replacement blade should work. Most wiper blades come with adaptors so they can be used on either pin connector, hook-slot connector, or straight blade connector types. - Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Square1 said:
BentoBox said:
Great Info!
Bento,

Our Cubes use a Hook-Slot style connector which is probably the most common. So I would think that any standard 20" replacement blade should work. Most wiper blades come with adaptors so they can be used on either pin connector, hook-slot connector, or straight blade connector types. - Dan
Appreciate your another great info. I'll probably head out and purchase a set or two Icons and keep them until I need it. Might as well it's on sale!

·
2,084 Posts
ChristineK said:
I am surprised that someone needs to replace the wiper blades already. This vehicle is not even a year old yet.
Got it and understood.

Ever use RainX? It does seem to work, fills the tiny holes in the glass and makes water less available to stick too.

·
Registered
839 Posts
BentoBox said:
Appreciate your another great info. I'll probably head out and purchase a set or two Icons and keep them until I need it. Might as well it's on sale!
Bento, who has the icons on sale?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Bento, this may help clear things up a little.

The Nissan Frontier I owned used one 20" blade and I think one 22" blade. Our current 2004 Hyundai uses two 20" blades. When I replaced the blades on both vehicles this past summer, I replaced both blades on the Hyundai and the 20" blade on the Frontier using the same blades. Both use the Hook-Slot connector.

Although Bosch doesn't list the Icon for the Cube yet, they do list them for the 2004 Hyundai so they should also fit our Cube since the Cube uses the same connector as both the Frontier and Hyundai. The blade Bosch lists for the Hyundai is the 420A. Hope this helps. - Dan

·
Registered
839 Posts
Did more research. Today my son and I went to an auto parts and looked at both the Bosch 420A and 420B blades. At first glance it appeared the "B" was a bit longer. But we removed the outer packaging and held them up side by side. We couldn't see any difference, and both look to have the Hook & Slot connector, so I don't know why they have a different PN. What ever difference they may have isn't apparent through the packaging. - Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Square1 said:
Did more research. Today my son and I went to an auto parts and looked at both the Bosch 420A and 420B blades. At first glance it appeared the "B" was a bit longer. But we removed the outer packaging and held them up side by side. We couldn't see any difference, and both look to have the Hook & Slot connector, so I don't know why they have a different PN. What ever difference they may have isn't apparent through the packaging. - Dan
Did you installed them yet? How do you like it? Any pictures with it?

·
Registered
839 Posts
BentoBox said:
Did you installed them yet? How do you like it? Any pictures with it?
No, I'm still using my stockers. I only looked at them for research, I haven't bought any new blades yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts