Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Cube since July of 2009 and I have repaired more windshield rock chips than I have ever had with any car. Are the rest of you having to repair chips in the windshield as often as me? Or am I just that unlucky, it seems if theres one pebble bouncing on the highway its going to hit me and cause a crack on my windshield, so I went out looking to see if theres anything I can buy, Ive seen some SUV's with a deflector type thing on the front, a tiny little visor as it would seem, they say it helps protect against windshield breaks, but so far its not offerred on the Cube, yea it makes cars look worse but it saves time with repairs, so I ran across a Cube Nose Mask but so far when I call they either dont answer or they dont know if it helps protect the windshield, most research says it helps protect the body from rock chips not the windshield, so can anyone shed any light or help point me in some direction?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? none? How long have you had it? I cant believe all you Cube owners arent having the same problems I am. I swear if theres one rock bouncing on the road it will hit my car. I think im just gonna let it get really bad then replace the windshield, anyone know how much they cost?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Should be as much as your insurance deductible. They should send some glass company to your house or job and replace it without you even knowing it's been replaced until you look at it. Quick and painless except for the check to the insurance company.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah I am not paying a 500 deductible, when I had a sunbird in the 90s I paid for it out of my own pocket and it was way less than using insurance.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shadow888 said:
nah I am not paying a 500 deductible, when I had a sunbird in the 90s I paid for it out of my own pocket and it was way less than using insurance.
If I ever get my "detailed" printout for the cost of repairs for my wrecked Cube I'll let you know the price of the windshield.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have noticed in certain light, the cube windshield does look a bit thinner than most windshields.
I was wondering if a light colored windshield tint might help absorb some of the shock from small rocks, and give a slight bit of extra protection from cracking. I have had no chips so far, but I do very little highway driving.
Part of the reason for being so easy to get chipped is because of the angle of the windshield. Think about it .....
it's almost straight up, verses most cars windshields are tilted back more, thus deflecting objects from the road with less direct impact on the glass. I got my first chip today 2/20/10. [doing 80 on the interstate with plenty of trucks].

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had mine replaced within the first month and State Farm sent the glass guy to my house.Didnt have to pay for it,well its probably taken from my monthly bill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
See another poor soul who had his perfect Cube wrecked by a pebble or a rock, who else? Come on people step up and give us your story, so I at least know I am not alone

·
Registered
930 Posts
No major chips on mine, but my window already looks like my old 15 year old benz! :eek:

I have a suggestion though.... QUIT TAILGATING!!! :D Just kidding. I have noticed that the front of my car is speckled like crazy. ut every car I have owend has had the same thing happen. So I really am not to worried about it. I have had a headlight blowout completely on my benz from a stone being flung up and was sitting in the passenger rear seat of my friends car and the window blew up! Actually a stone came flying across the highway and shattered the rear window. I think I have replaced a window in every car I have owned. Except the benz.

I drive pretty close....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I dont have the body that speckeled though some I hear have it pretty bad, its my windshield, coming to work today I got another hit on it and another crack, jesus, yeah the highway is under construction but even still, every week? come on

·
Registered
657 Posts
lol i have one i love the way it looks and im not sure if it helps or not but its suppose too. You can get one from canada order it. or japan but canada is alot cheaper too bad its not a US part

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, I'm not sure how much help this will be because I think the body shop guy and the insurance company are doing some shady stuff with my total estimate/claim... but he told me that a replacement windshield from Nissan was $700... they could have also gotten the glass from another company and that would have been about $600, not counting installation of course.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea thats messed up, Safelite told me theyd replace it for 250, and I got a crack in teh windshield Sunday and today it spread out big time, I am hating the cube and the windshield and overall in general!

Where do I get the deflector, you said Canada but who do I call, what site do I go to? How much did it cost?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts