Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the wind deflecors on their Cube? If so did it help with wind noise or is it about the same as it was without them? Been thinking about a set but was wondering if it helped the wind noise or not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
been driving around trying to remember what the wind noise was like before the visors,
if you lower the windows 'bout an inch and a half - two inches, you still have the visors covering most of the gap and the noise is pretty minimal, just a small white noise

when the music gets very low, I look around and see which one I left down, so its kind of like a light static

** it does work great for removing smoke with just one window or the front two

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed them and its worth the $90. For installation, I'd recommend going to a guy that does window tinting, since it's best to use a hot dryer to soften up the glue before placing them on the door frame. Total job took 20 mins and cost me an extra $30.

Really like leaving them open a crack during the hot summer days in South Florida.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What are the steps to install at home? I really want them but would like to install them myself. Anyone have any tips??? Help!

·
Registered
87 Posts
One the ones I had on my former truck - it was just adhesive tape that was pre-applied to the deflector. Clean the window channel with a alcohol swab and stick. I opted to heat the tape for better adhesion by placing them (with the peel-n-stick still on) in the sun for about 30 minutes prior to installation.

Really straight forward - and I will have to admit, if they are getting $30 to install them - then I am buying a heat gun tomorrow...

·
Registered
34 Posts
gCube said:
One the ones I had on my former truck - it was just adhesive tape that was pre-applied to the deflector. Clean the window channel with a alcohol swab and stick. I opted to heat the tape for better adhesion by placing them (with the peel-n-stick still on) in the sun for about 30 minutes prior to installation.

Really straight forward - and I will have to admit, if they are getting $30 to install them - then I am buying a heat gun tomorrow...
So they slide up into the gaps and stick? Am I picturing this right?

·
Registered
99 Posts
there are templates for proper placement included with the REAR visors,
use those on the fronts by switching left/right
I didn't need any heat, just stand there and apply pressure for a minute or two throughout the sticker area

lining it up right is still sorta difficult with the templates,
just try to make the space between the visor & edge of door is even before peeling

(no one has noticed that mine aren't 100% perfect, so I don't point it out) driver side
with the boomerang front visor its so hard to tell anyways

·
Registered
410 Posts
i called my nissan dealership for wind deflectors and there are none here to order :no: (what's with that ) b.c.

so where did my american neighbours get the deflectors from, i'm close to bellingham

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got all my OEM nissan parts from courtesyparts.com
pretty much the same prices as e-bay
its a nissan dealer from texas, they had a link here somewhere

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, but do the wind deflectors deflect wind?

When the driver's door window is fully open, does its deflector stop a wife's hair blowing all over her face and grit getting under her contact lenses?

And at what sort of speed range are the deflectors useful/useless?

·
Registered
23 Posts
hana,

I can't think why your dealer doesn't have deflectors in stock. They've got them at the dealer in Victoria, I think. If you can't get them quickly to order, nip (well, as fast as the paranoid androids controlled by Homeland Security will let you nip in a Nissan) over the border to Nissan Bellingham. The deflectors are $30/40 cheaper in the US for a set of 4. Get the dealer to fit them while you wait. Of course, you must remember to declare them to Canada Customs on your return trip ............. ;-)

·
Registered
410 Posts
hi mr. wolfe, did you get your cube??? i called nissan again and the guy i spoke to this time found them in the computer :roll: $70 for the fronts and $60 for the back :roll: i was down in bellingham thursday and didn't go to a dealership.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, hana

Yes, Espresso Bean/Bitter Chocolate picked up exactly one week ago. I don't have much time at the moment to report about it, as it is like having a new squeeze - just can't keep my hands off it.

Glad your dealer has now managed to find the deflectors on his computer. I remember the good old days when the parts man walked into the stockroom at the back and looked on a shelf.

$90.00 US for a set of 4 below the Line. We must be subsidising Nissan cubes and parts for Americans.

Seems no-one is able to tell us how, or even if, the wind deflectors work. Ho hum.

JW.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i notice a decrease in windnoise as well as your wife-hair-blowing problem, i dont have long hair or a wife, but i think they would help this problem, hope this helped!

·
Registered
23 Posts
insanely, madly, truly, deeply,

Sir, you are a star.

Thanks for that. That's what I needed to know. I shall definitely be putting them on the front windows, then, although I can probably wait until spring now. I have the rear windows open a lot, to get air to the dogs. They boom like crazy (the windows, not the dogs), even at about 30 mph, so I hope the deflectors will cure that as well.

JW

1 - 20 of 31 Posts