Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is widest aftermarket rims/tires you can go on cube without any problem? will installing forjworks camber will allow me to go even wider?? I don't really care about the front...wanna go wider on rear.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
On stock height or lowered? Lowered 1'', 2'' or more. The more you lowered the more the wheels will sunken into the fender. All depends of the ride height. The forjworks camber will be necessary if you lower the cube at least to 2'' and lower. It help to prevent negative camber and not to help to fit ''better'' wheels.

And take in consideration that you must make the car fit the wheels, not the contrary.

Let us know what you aim, we'll try to get you the best answer. And too, look in the brakes,wheels & suspension section of the forum, you'll find a thread about wheels and suspension with pictures, you might find the look you want there.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply.

Basically my plan is:
- coilovers for my cube n lower it 1.5" to 2.0".
- try to get wider wheels at the back("deep dish").
- and 5 deg negative camber kit from Forjworks.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
-5 deg of camber in the rear is a lot for what the ride height you aim. From stock height to 2'' lowered, the rear camber stay in the oem spec, so you don't need a camber kit.

A lot of people run XXR 15x8 or 16x8. I run 17x9+20. With some 15x8 and 16x8 0 offset XXR you'll get a 3.5'' lip which is nice. For a FWD car, I would pick 4 wheels of the same size, staggered setup look good on RWD, not FWD and 4wd cars IMO. Take in mind too that the smaller the wheel, with the tire, the less they will be stretched.

Look at this thread which I mentionned on my first post.
http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=2628.0

·
Registered
328 Posts
So are you looking for wider or deep dish? It's very possible to have deep dish, but not be wide, you'd just be going into negative offsets and would have to really know your fitment based on widths/offsets.

Also, what look are you going for? Flush, tucking, slight poke, extreme poke, etc.?

D3Stro, I doubt he's going to be using the camber kit to correct his camber after the drop. I assume BoxiePoser you're using it to get that negative camber look and the wider wheels that can fit as a result, right?

Anyways, I used to have a 15x8 +5 on my rears, then I had a 17x9.5 +14.

Since you'll be using the ForJWorks camber kit, the 8 +5 would be pretty near flush, Unfortunately, I can't say for sure because I didn't have the kit at the time.

The 17x9.5 +14 poked out like crazy without camber. And still did with it, just less.

With this set, because it poked out quite a bit, if I hit bumps, the tire would rub on the fender so I had some paint chipped off the fenders.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to D3stro and theguy for your help. after reading your posts it has def cleared some of my lack of knowledge thinking.

now with lil better understanding...let me say what looks i'm trying to achieve again.

1. i want the camber kit to get the tilted wheels looks.
2. want deep dish wheels with mild stretched tires on them.
3. coilovers to lower 1" to 1.5" so i don't get any rubbing (neither tucking either).

hope it clears up lil more now.
thnx.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Okay, now what diameter wheel did you want to run? It'll help cause the Cube can't go very wide, so it's kinda hard to get deep dish AND stretch.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Titlted wheels at 1'' or 1.5'' will look weird imo. Neg camber is good for people who want to ride flush and get the wheels fit in the fender, which, most of the time are rolled.Plus, you'll wear the tires uneven, it's called camber wear.

TheGuy, I've said it already but need to write it again, god damn I like your ride.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll agree with D3stro on this, a 1" drop with a -5 camber will look pretty weird. At least a 1.5" is needed to look okay, a 2"+ to look good. But this is all personal opinion.

BoxiePoser, I hope you understand the consequences that come with running negative camber as D3stro stated. The two major ones are tire wear and handling/safety. I got about 3500 miles out of mine on the -5. Flip them and you're looking at 7000 miles, maybe. Now for handling, -5 can be an very frightening feeling. Especially when it's raining, sometimes the car will swerve, and at certain bumps/dips, it really jerks left or right. Be very cautious driving.

Now if you understand and are still willing to continue on this look, what diameter wheel do you want again? From there I can suggest a width/offset/tire size for the look you want.

I don't mean to convince you to give this up, it's just good to know the good/bad beforehand.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again thnx to D3stro and the guy.

Is Forjworks camber kit adjustable so u can go lower than -5 or that kit only sets to -5???

i do know about uneven tire wear and willing to do tire rotation n alignment often but had no idea how long tire last since i've never done it before. even worse, cubie is my everyday car.

wheels diameter, i'll either stay 16" or go 17" with lower pro tires...but want to have deep dish wheels.
I'm actually looking at this konig wheel...what size/offset i should get, i have no idea.

Link: http://www.konigwheels.com/Konig-Home/Konig-Passenger-Wheels/ROLLER-VIRTUAL-SMOKE

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The Roller are available only in 4x100 bolt pattern. The cube got a 4x114.3.

XXR make a similar wheels which is a knock off from the CCW, which in my opinion look better than the one you show. Here's the link, it's a shop from BC, good price and shipping fees too since you're from Toronto.

http://www.imageinmotion.com/xxr531wheelsrims.php

The 16x8 0offset will give you a 3.5'' lip IIRC.At 118$ you can't go wrong.

As for the tires, if you want them to be stretch, you might keep the oem since in 16'' which is 195/55R16. Or, it won't mess to much with the speedometer (by -1.8% ratio difference) you can get 185/55R16 which will give you a better stretched look on the 8'' wide wheels.

Pictures of a 185 wide tire on a 8'' wide wheel

And 195 on a 8'' wheel

And one last thing. I know you were aiming for coilover, but for 1'' to 1.5'', they're good coil springs on the market that will make you save easily a good 700$ to 1000$, just saying.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now since previously rim didn't work out...i looked around more and liked this work rim.

Link to rim: http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product.php?category=29&wheel=143

I am adding this pic here which is the specs of this wheel...they only come in 15" if I'm not wrong.

Ques: What size i should go with in order to get biggest lip without rubbing my fender (lowering my car about 1.5" with coilovers).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
They're nice, but have you search a little for how much wheels made by Work worth? If you like that style of wheels, in the same style but not quite ''look alike'' there is the XXR 532 which are old school fashion.

The 15x8 +10 would be good. They will get you a 2.5'' lip. And, at 1.5'' height, it won't rub the fender or the strut with that offset.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i liked the style but don't fit again. its either too expensive or don't fit lol.

And this Enkei is not bad at all, what you guys think?? But i don't know how much lip it'll give me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Work wheels are indeed expensive, but they're also very good. Any wheel can fit, you'd just have to sacrifice deep dish and wide.

I was thinking of getting that Enkei wheel, but yes the lip will not be that large. I've seen pictures of the widest, lowest offset they offer (15x8 +0) and it's not a lot. I believe that the Enkei 92, if you like that style, has a much deeper dish even in the 15x8 +25.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TheGuy said:
Work wheels are indeed expensive, but they're also very good. Any wheel can fit, you'd just have to sacrifice deep dish and wide.

I was thinking of getting that Enkei wheel, but yes the lip will not be that large. I've seen pictures of the widest, lowest offset they offer (15x8 +0) and it's not a lot. I believe that the Enkei 92, if you like that style, has a much deeper dish even in the 15x8 +25.
yeah i saw that wheel...not really my preference...but thanks for looking out, will keep looking around even thou i've looked around pretty much most of jdm brands.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Maybe you could check too in your area if you got any so called ''Jdm shop''. They always got some dope jdm wheels to sell at good price, maybe you could check over there. You might be surprise of what you can find.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts