Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to add a few ponies and mpg's to my car. I don't plan on doing it anytime soon though. There are now three, at least to my knowledge, different brands of Cold Air intakes out there for the Cube. The STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake, Takeda Retain Short-Ram Intake, and the Injen SP Cold Air Intake. The first two are listed on the beangarage website.

Prices- ( As listed on the sites)
Stillen:$239.82
Takeda:$229.00
Injen:$299.00

I was wondering if there is a big difference in quality in these three. Anybody know?

·
Registered
839 Posts
You left out the Wepon R intake, about $270.00 or so.

Stillen is by far the least expensive if you search the net. The Wepon R is probably the least in the looks department but may very well be the best performance wise (given their history). The Injen calls itself a CAI but locates the filter in the same location as all the others, under the hood. While the Injen calls itself a CAI and locates the filter in the same location as the others, it does add a lot more tubing because of it's routing. Additional tubing can be a plus or a minus, only comparison testing will tell.

I did a test several years ago between an Iceman CAI (long tube, filter located out from under the hood)) and an AEM short ram (filter under the hood) at the Spokane Drag strip.

I got consistantly higher trap speeds and quicker ET's with the AEM Short Ram than I did with the Iceman CAI. I posted my results and was flamed big time from those who spent three times as much money on the Iceman Vs the AEM shortie. - Dan

·
Registered
715 Posts
They are all good intakes but as far as performance they are all going to be pretty much the same.
you really cant pick an intake for horse power it takes more parts to really get up! you will only gain about 5 to 8 hp! we have had injen,aem,fujita,stillen and no name brands on our cars and you get around the same for all.
so you are better off picking it for the look because hp they are all close to same.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well i personally know that injen did their dyno testing on my car and said that they are the only ones (or were back in august) that could successfully dyno the CVT.
they said that stillen and some other companies guessed that they pulled about 5hp
I physically saw the printout for injen's intake and saw a lil over 7 ponies.
and it looks bitchen!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts