Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a used cube but it seems there are not many on the market (Austin TX area). The few we find are on dealer lots, not private sales. Why? Is it because Nissan is not selling very many, or because people like them so well they will not let them go?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I live in the Austin area, and I know what you mean. I think it's because people are trading them in for something else new, since they (the cubes) are still new. That would be my logical guess.

If you are looking to buy used, you would probably end up having to look in dealerships like you already mentioned. Maybe you could talk them down on price? Or maybe you could look for '09s (don't know if they would still be on lots) or 2010s, and negotiating a somewhat lower price on those.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked on craig's list (Dallas/Fort Worth) for floor mats and was stunned at all the Cubes for sale.
I bought my 2010 with 26k. I now have 40k. 2 weeks ago the transmission was replaced. the transmission has a 120k warranty and I now know why. within one week of getting it back the a/c quit working. Since it is out of warranty the dealearship called "Nissan" to see if anything could be done. They will pay for the $600 part and I will pay the $950 for the labor. I will be getting my annual bonus check in Sept and this car will be replaced at that time.
My son is driving my 2003 camry with 150k. All I have been out moneywise on the camry is one belt, oil, filters, tires, and spark plugs. My Nissan experiment is over.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
jfcafe said:
I looked on craig's list (Dallas/Fort Worth) for floor mats and was stunned at all the Cubes for sale.
I bought my 2010 with 26k. I now have 40k. 2 weeks ago the transmission was replaced. the transmission has a 120k warranty and I now know why. within one week of getting it back the a/c quit working. Since it is out of warranty the dealearship called "Nissan" to see if anything could be done. They will pay for the $600 part and I will pay the $950 for the labor. I will be getting my annual bonus check in Sept and this car will be replaced at that time.
My son is driving my 2003 camry with 150k. All I have been out moneywise on the camry is one belt, oil, filters, tires, and spark plugs. My Nissan experiment is over.
Don't you guys got a ''lemon law'' for cars on your side?Heard something about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are looking for a used cube but it seems there are not many on the market (Austin TX area). The few we find are on dealer lots, not private sales. Why? Is it because Nissan is not selling very many, or because people like them so well they will not let them go?
I noticed that they’re sometimes hard to find too. I also see many of them end up being parted out and for sale on eBay by Automotove wreckers. I think because of the low resale value of our cars, if you get into teeny, tiny, minor fender-bender, the insurance company wants to salvage them since labor and parts to fix are kinda spendy. Just my opinion.
When I wanted to buy another Cube last April, I found it at a Ford dealer in Colorado and had it shipped to me on the west coast. During the initial round of corona lockdowns, the dealer was desperately dying to sell cars and the trucking company was dying to work, so I got a very good deal for both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts