Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been answered before but since the forum transferred to google cloud a lot of the answers have disappeared.

1. how often should you change your blue OEM coolant?

2. what type of spark plugs are on the cube? or what type is best since its recommended changing at 105k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends where u live mate. I change (in other cars) every year, but use just standard stuff available. Green (no name stuff) or red (Prestolite. ) I also use half distilled water. But that may not be a good idea when u have winter. Sparks for cube check your engine model. In mine cr14 are Bosch platinum now, I just replaced them cause the oilseals needed replacement and while at it...hope I never need to change them again... 100.000 k my cube won't live to see with 170k on the meter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
im just different. ive owned my cube since 2012, bought with 11k miles. shes now 89K miles and to be honest. every year i swap just about everything. spark plugs(every 2 years) 20.00, coolant 20.00, cvt fluid 20.00, and oil twice/3 times a year 60/90.00. i pamper my cube but then again i over maintain my stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, is your Cube the US version with the 1.8 engine? I ask because I have a Jdm 1.5 z11 Cube. Changing plugs looks like a major pain in the butt. If similar engine design the intake manifold needs to come off. Do you need to use a new gasket each time? Considering changing them myself soon. I tend towards the Ocd when it comes to car maintenance but I suspect as far as plugs go every 50k would be sufficient.

·
Registered
16 Posts
USDM spec service manual says 105k for the first change and every 75k after that and always use the Nissan Blue Long Life Coolant.

The spark plugs are every 105k, or if the gap exceeds 0.055". The reason why it lasts so long out of the factory is because they use Denso Iridium part number FXE20HR11.

Nico forums has a service manual section. Find your year and download all of it. You'll find all of this info under the "MA" section for Maintenaince.

I haven't done the plugs in my car yet, but yes the US version has the 1.8 (MR18DE, also found in the Versa), but it also appears to have the intake manifold wrapping up over the top of the valve cover blocking access to the plugs. You may be able to reuse the gasket, but it really isn't worth it unless you had recently disassembled it already, but of course the service manual says to replace it every time. LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts