Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at least 6 months away from buying and am a little shy about bugging a dealer with questions at this point (Aspergers will do that to ya), so I'll bug you guys. Do some dealers work with aftermarket wheel/tire shops to get a custom set included in your car loan? Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Some actually will however I know a lot of the local dealers will have worked with them before you step on the lot so you will get a custom Cube without your input.

I saw 3 Cubes on the lot when I went to look that had custom graphics, tire/wheel package and even with an aftermarket DVD system but they sure do pack on the premium prices.

You are almost better off just buying the Cube and then saving for what you are going to really want b/c they will end up overcharging you for the extra goodies that are not OEM parts.

·
2,084 Posts
I agree with above.

However if you get an SL and work out the cost of what you paid for the stocks, you will be amazed. If you negotiate aftermarkets you will most certainly pay for the stocks and the aftermarkets and only take home the aftermarkets. Dealer will retain the stocks to put on a floor S and jack up the price of that S to plus up their profit.

Premium Aluminum wheels on an S = profits for the dealer and you paid for it :yes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChristineK said:
I agree with above.

However if you get an SL and work out the cost of what you paid for the stocks, you will be amazed. If you negotiate aftermarkets you will most certainly pay for the stocks and the aftermarkets and only take home the aftermarkets. Dealer will retain the stocks to put on a floor S and jack up the price of that S to plus up their profit.

Premium Aluminum wheels on an S = profits for the dealer and you paid for it :yes:
There's a bad idea. No way I'm going home without the stocks stacked in the back. Yeah, overall, it sounds like a non-starter. Probably best I didn't bother the dealer with it and get myself sucked into the money-tunnel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No-one should purchase Alloy Wheels n Tyres from a Dealer, they are a rip-off, go to an independent wheel dealer and your save yourself loads of money.

Do 18" / 19" wheels fit a Cube..?

·
Registered
671 Posts
joeremi said:
There's a bad idea. No way I'm going home without the stocks stacked in the back. Yeah, overall, it sounds like a non-starter. Probably best I didn't bother the dealer with it and get myself sucked into the money-tunnel.
The only upgrades I got from the dealer where add-on items I was nervous about installing myself. As said, any components upgraded by the dealer result in the dealer keeping the original. I selected aftermarket alloys online and placed the order within days of bringing the car home. The OE steelies were needed for snow tires ;D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts