Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have wanted wheels for a while for my little guy but didn't have the money really to do it, and I kinda wanted to stay with 15's (again for money reasons). I found on CL a nice little used set of Infiniti G-20 wheels, same tire size and everything, and nabbed them for 80 bucks. Re-finished them black, and mounted the tires only to find out that the offset in the front if off by about 5mm and rubs the caliper. Before you ask I did check out the g20 offset online but sadly the info was no good it turns out. Long story short I need spacers.

Looked around, and had a hell of time finding anything. I was all geared up to call Ichiba this morning and chat with them only to find out their number is disconnected. Seems they might (and I stress might) have left some guys in the lurch too, judging from a few other online postings. They seem to have up and disappeared at any rate.

Did some more hunting and found a place called Motorsport Tech out of Reno NV. They build customized spacers, adapters and so on so I called to find out what they are about. Chatted with the owner Junior, we went over all the details and came up with what I needed. That includes CUSTOM width from 3mm-30mm. All I needed was a 6mm. They were about 2 weeks behind (but catching up) and I can't have the car down for that long. He asked me to hang on and talked to his engineer and they threw me in front of the line because as Junior said it he liked helping out the forum guys. He says they will ship them out today, and I will have 2 spacers and 8 of the proper lug setup all for $91 including shipping.

Of course I don't have them yet, but I will post pics and more info when I do in a few days. I had to give them a good shout out though as their customer service has been epic up to this point. I will share their website below, and give you all an update once I receive and mount everything up! Cheers! ;D

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't poke at those at all, but I will say that they machine everything right on the spot at their shop. I figured 91 bucks for 2 with the lug setup I needed was pretty damn good though. That also included shipping them to Oregon. Prayin they will be as good as I think they are right now :yes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
randode has hub spacers for the cube for $50 and comes with hardware. 10mm spacers though. im getting a pair for the rear next paycheck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones at randode do something different. My issue is wheel offset cause it is rubbing against the caliper so the wheel itself needs to be pushed slightly. The randode's extend the entire hub assembly out to increase track from behind the brake assembly. It wouldn't my rubbing issue in this case at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here is the promised update and pics. Got the spacers today and needless to say I was impressed. I ordered them on Monday, and as promised I received them this week even with them needing to be custom made. Pulled them out of the box and this is what I got:

Not that a piece of aluminum is that exciting, but the machining work is very nice. Slid on perfectly and has about 1mm of play on the studs, BUT is as snug as a bug on the hub itself.

I ordered a 6mm spacer and the lugnuts that by design also solve the short stud problem we have when used with a spacer. Pic of the nuts:

The nice part of the nuts is that they actually work as a hubcentric piece by squeezing into the stud bores on the wheels themselves allowing you to get the threads back but also tightens them against the spacer and hub and NOT put a lot more force on the studs. Needless to say I am pretty damn pleased. The added benefit is also the look of the wheels being pushed out a touch too. It is subtle but it looks a bit better.

First pic is the before and 2nd is after.

So if you all need spacers give these guys a shot. I couldn't be more pleased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.