Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Would i get a 7 x 17" wheel on my cube my problem is the ET 40 and i need to run a 25mm adaptor will they stick out? and what size tyres would you fit?
Thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
you are going to run a 25 mm adaptor? and the offest is already 40mm? If you did that than the total offset would be 15mm i am not to sure.

·
Registered
657 Posts
samba66 said:
Hi,
Would i get a 7 x 17" wheel on my cube my problem is the ET 40 and i need to run a 25mm adaptor will they stick out? and what size tyres would you fit?
Thanks

you mean 17x7?
do you want them to stick out?

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you're planning on 17x7 with a 40mm offset you shouldn't have to use any spacer. If I'm not mistaken the stock wheels have a 40mm offset as well, so you will be adding about 1/2" on both the inside and outside and they shouldn't stick out, but because of the additional 1/2" to the outside you should be just about flush. - Dan

·
Registered
657 Posts
if your getting 17x7 and do not want them to come out then you dont need spacers at all. spacers will only make them come out more with 7in wide wheels you dont have to worry its almost like OEM. OEM offset is 42 and your wheels are 40. some people have wheels that are 7in wide with +40offset maybe you can find a picture of it so you can see what it will look like.

·
Registered
839 Posts
meisrandy said:
OEM offset is 42 and your wheels are 40. some people have wheels that are 7in wide with +40offset maybe you can find a picture of it so you can see what it will look like.
Hey, thanks for clearing up the OEM offset for me. I knew it was somewhere around 40mm since it's fairly a standard (ball park) for most FWD cars. I haven't measured the Cube wheels specifically. But now I know they're 42mm. - Dan

BTW, the wheels going on my Cube are 15x7 with a 38mm offset. Should fit great...LOL

·
Registered
657 Posts
1HoTCuBe said:
Let me clear some things up for you.. ive been through more wheels then most of you.. A 17x7 wheel with a 40 offset will look suken in..please get atleast a 35.. it will look about flush..

hotcube i think your xxr 15x8 +15 offset is the best flushness for the cube(rear only) if we were lowered. with a 17x7 wheel i think a +15 would be find too. But i dont think he wants it to stick out anymore then OEM. So his +40 offset are find. Most wheels are +40 offset anyways unless they are custom order wheels like works ssr bbs so on.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i guess your right but it still also depends on how wide your wheels are and if you want camber or not. i would love to camber but dont have money for the tires hahah

·
Registered
930 Posts
So I got a 45mm offset 18x7.5 I was thinking of getting 10mm hubcentric spacers for the rear. should i do the same to the front since they seem to stick out a bit more? BTW, coilovers coming eventually.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yea, I really just want to flush look, which tends to be a staggered look. I was thinking of doing a 10mm on the rear and a 5mm on the fronts. I think I may lower the car first and judge it from there.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i hate when the front sticks out more then the rear but thats just me. i would get spacers just in the rear because the front is already out more. Unless you have different offset wheels which is what im getting for my cube

1 - 19 of 19 Posts