Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay people.........if you're not afraid to tell the rest of us a little bit about yourself, let's hear it. I'll start....
Right now I drive an 05 Tiburon GT. I like it. Not too hard on fuel if you use the autopilot on the freeway and don't horse around with it. Kinda like driving a cheap Ferrari or something. Has that cool low growl, faster than s**t, in my opinion, considereing the engine size and horsepower. Used to have a 2005 Scion xb RS 2.0 (the yellow one) with a couple of extras on it. Really liked it, fun to drive and such. Had hell of a time keeping it clean. Seemed to attract every bird and bug. Have had a couple of odd cars given my family background, (mostly Ford owners and a little redneck). Owned a VW Beetle way back when, A VW Thing (Safari model 181), a Honda or two, and several American cars, Ford products. I never had that VW Microbus back in my hippie days so I seem to be lacking completeness. Feel like I missed out on something. I have always been drawn to the not-so-ordinary types of cars, except for the occasional dalliance with the domestics. I have high hopes for the Cube and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Nissan doesn't screw it up. Also looking for that 40 mpg mark.
I Actually like all kinds of cars and even Pickemup trucks and Jeeps (owned one of those). I've never really been a motorhead, just more of an enthusiast........I just like cars........but these days most of us need to drive something cool AND fuel efficient. I'm seriously considering a Motor Scooter for the summer to save fuel costs as I am retired and can no longer afford to put 100's of dollars per month into my fuel tank. Probably retire the Tiburon if and when I get the Cube and scoot around on 2 wheels for the next several months..............Okay, who's next

·
Registered
152 Posts
OK I'll go ahead and reply. Note: yu didn't say who yu is ;D

Right now I drive a 2007 Honda FiT Sport and I love it. Mostly because as the name implies, yu can fit a lot of stuff in it.

I have had 2005 Honda Civic, 2000 Acura Integra GSR, and Hyundai Accent (I loved that car!) but, it had to go because it ate my Black Sabbath tape... (and the passenger door kinda didn't open but meh, minor details)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, guess I did forget to say who I is.........I'm Greg, aka Starbuck. Sounds like you have a really nice car right now. I really like the Fit. Was considering buying one last year. Ended up with the used Tiburon instead. Kind of a bad decision it seems now, with fuel prices as they are. BTW........I did end up getting a scooter. Not what I wanted as they are pretty much sold out for 2008. I was interested in a specific model Kymco scooter. Did a lot of research online. Would have had to wait for a 2009 model and by then summer would be over, so I bought an old Honda Elite 80cc that some guy traded in. I've never had a motorcycle or scooter or the license before. Got a permit, picked up the scooter from the dealership, and have been having a blast ever since. One week today as a matter of fact. Have been riding all over the place just for fun since I have the summer off. Put fuel in twice so far................get this: between the first and second fillups, I got almost 121 miles to the gallon!!!!! Of course, after I fill it up about 8 more times, I'll figure out the average over the long run. That will probably be more like in the 80's or 90's. Anyways, maybe in a couple of years, I might consider a larger scooter and zoom out across the country for about a month. Who knows? 8)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cool, cool. I guess yu live in a pretty urban environment, is that right? A scooter would be nice but a lot of my driving is on highways so I've gotta have a car. Maybe later on if I get local job or something I can look into it. Well at any rate I'm Dave and I am a big gamer. I work in IT and I'm just tryin to move up the ladder. I recently applied for a job with a videogame company but they filled up the slot, but maybe someday I can get in on the game industry.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dave, Yeah I'm pretty much urban here. Not far from the city at all, but plenty of places to putt around. Lots of back roads and such. Definitely don't wanna take my little scooter on the freeway. Legally, I can because it is over 50cc, but it's just not powerful enough to keep up out there.
My son was thinking at one time of getting into the Video Game Industry. That would be a cool job!!! I used to watch Tech TV alot before it became G4 or whatever it's called this week. I Play just a few video games. Haven't played any for a long time now and never was very good to start with. I got into them when my son was little and I bought him game systems. Started playing with him. I want to either upgrade my computer or get another one (that would probably be the best thing to do) and then I want Microsoft FSX. I am crazy about airplanes (mostly civilian) and was a Heavy Lift Helo mechanic many years ago in the USAF. Good to hear from you. 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My name is Bryan Seigneur, and as I've posted elsewhere, I drive a 2006 xB. It was my last choice (after Fit & Matrix), I thought it was ugly, and I fell upon it as a last resort. But it was God helping me out! I love my first gen xB. I am disappointed by the reduced height, reduced visibility, and reduced MPG of the new xB.

Now, my only hope of ever getting another car like the first-gen xB is the Cube.

Check this out:
1.5L....2006 xB, Fit, Echo, Prius
1.7L....Civic
1.8L....Corolla, Matrix, Versa, Yaris(?), a bunch of others
2.0L....Cobalt, a bunch of others
2.2L....Older Accords, a bunch of others
2.3L....Accord of various years
2.4L....Accord & Camry (luxury), CRV & RAV4 (large, offroad), Element (huge!), and...2008 xB (what???)

They went from the absolute lowest end of US 4cyl engines to the top in the same year gas went to 4$!
<sarcasm>GOOD JOB SCION!!!</sarcasm>

·
Registered
34 Posts
I drive:

1995 Mazda Miata MX-5 (NA8C)
^ More fun that I can shake a stick at. It's my canyon beater.

1996 Infiniti G20 (P10)
^ Very underrated & capable car. Won many BTCC & JTCC events as the Nissan Primera. For being a FWD, the handling on this thing is awesome. Add coilovers, sway bars, strut tower bar, lower tie bar, alignment, stickier tires, & now you have a car that can be flogged as hard as a RWD Miata. You can't go wrong with 4 doors & an SR20DE motor. (^o^ ) <3

2006 Scion xB (NCP31)
^ The people mover. This thing is the funkiest vehicle that I have ever owned. It sips gas. It's very roomy inside. Seriously. The amount of room that passengers have is almost stupid. More roomier than many bigger cars. Well, only if you have 4 adults & minimal luggage. Hahaha! (^o^ ) <3

I want the new 2009 Nissan Cube 'cause that thing is even uglier & cooler looking than the xB! I think it's awesome!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Current car is a box (2005 Scion xB Classic) named Vanilla. I wanted it as soon as I caught the tail end of the first Scion commercial I saw on Adult Swim. I didn't know what it was - Scion hadn't been introduced in my area yet - but it was a Tokyo City Car and I wanted it. I finally got mine in January of 2005.

I'm hoping the Cube is as good a vehicle as the box has proved to be because we need more City cars or UUVs (Urban Utility Vehicles) in this country. Once the Cube gets here (and assuming it proves to be as as I hope), it will be the "back-up" (the vehicle to purchase should anything happen to Vanilla).

I plan to keep the box 'til her little wheels fall off, and with the reliability folks are getting on 'em, that may be quite some time.

Disclosure: I'm an admin over at one of the major Scion community sites.

Take care,

·
Registered
61 Posts
current cars to drive are a 70 datsun 510 and a 71 nissan skyline. Have had a nissan since I could drive.
I also like to work on my cars a lot so modifing the cube will be high on the list with suspension and wheels. Here is my other 510 that is not running right now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
^ That's what I eventually plan on doing with the Miata. Strip that sucker down to the bare metal, seam weld a few spots on it, & give it a nice coat of paint. Just need to figure out what color I want. Heh! (^_^ )

·
Registered
38 Posts
another datto owner here!!!! dude, are you on ratsun.net?!? i have a 79 datsun 620 and my 2000 ranger. will be trading the ranger in on the cube as soon as i can get my hands on one ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
2005 Scion xB - Blue Onyx Pearl - 5 speed - too much money invested.

trading in for my cube because it's arguably the most unreliable vehicle i've ever owned, and i used to own a 3.4 DOHC GTP.

Due to a bad car accident i have a fake left knee so manual trans is a no-no at my old age of 21.

·
Registered
24 Posts
dwnshfter said:
where are you located? you selling the xb?
crete, IL - 60417

yeah, i can sell it, but i still owe like 6,800 on the loan, so you'd be waiting for me to get the title in the mail...

link to the car's fQuick - http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=15574

Starbuck said:
An unreliable xb. I've never heard of such a thing ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
it's not unreliable, i've just had bad luck with modified cars, thats why my cube will stay nice and stock.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts