Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put money down on a Steel Gray Nissan Cube 1.8S, 6 Speed last Tuesday. The dealer told me that they did not have the car on the lot, but they would be getting it that day from another dealer. Unfortunately, it was the only one in the entire Northeast. Additionally, I had chosen a few options that were not on the car but was informed by the dealer that they could be dealer installed and they'd be ordering the parts that day and that I should take delivery of the car on Thursday or Friday.

Thursday and Friday come along and I hear nothing from the dealer... I'm not too worried at this point though, because we are in the midst of a blizzard and i don't want to take delivery of the car in the middle of it anyway.

Saturday comes along and I figure for sure I'll hear from him today... half the day goes by and nothing. I call 3 times, and he's busy every time. Finally he calls me back about mid afternoon and informs that the car is not ready for me to pick up. Some of the parts were delayed because of the snow storm, but they have them all now and will be installing first thing on Monday and I can pick it up Monday night. I try to push him to install the parts on Saturday because Anne is going away on a business trip on Sunday and it will be significantly harder to get home to walk and feed my dog and arrange to get back to the dealership. He tells me there's no way he can... See More

Monday morning comes.. and nothing. I don't hear anything from him and start calling at about 1:30. I proceed to call 6 times before finally getting a hold of him at 4:30 (knowing that I needed to leave by 4 if I wanted to get home in time to feed the dog and get back to the dealer). Sure enough, the car is not ready... they are waiting on one final part. Guess that was just a little white lie when he said they had all of the parts. He assured me that the part would be in on Tuesday (today) and that i'd be picking it up Tuesday night.

Tuesday comes... and guess what same story. I hear nothing from him, finally getting through to him at 3:50 after 5 calls. Again, part is still not in, but he assures me he'll have it tomorrow. Dude... just tell me the truth.

·
2,084 Posts
Sorry to hear this story.

I too had an issue with a dealer but it was the dealers motivation not him lying to me. I think they have figured the dedication of people who want one. had this been a Kia or and Versa they would have busted butt as that car is not as high in demand and they are a dime a dozen on other lots. They have us over a barrel.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having these issues with your dealer.
If I were in your shoes, I would try to get a hold of him tomorrow (if he doesn't call you first) and just tell him that you prefer him telling you the truth (even if that last part STILL is not in) rather than empty promises. I would tell him (in that many words) that trust in and loyalty to a dealership starts with honesty over what is happening with your car.

What it sounds like to me is they don't know for sure when your car will be ready and they keep making false promises because they are afraid if they tell you it might be another week you might try to back out of the deal.

This being said, the car is definitely worth the wait, it just sucks that you are dealing with a dealership that apparently does not value honesty with their customers... it gives Nissan dealers in general a bad name and that's a shame. If things get too bad, you can always ask to talk to the general manager of the dealership and see if he/she can pull some strings or if he/she can at least be honest with you.

Good luck to you... and keep us posted...
Maybe post this story in the "Cube Dealers" forum here so that other people in your area don't run into the same issue.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hopefully, their service people do not share the same bad habits. :no:
Honesty seems to be becoming an "Endangered species" these days. :-\
If there were any other Nissan dealers in your reasonable driving range, then that would be worth considering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts