Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

What would be your gripes about your Cube?

35K views 83 replies 42 participants last post by  torgrot 
#1 ·
Just list things that weren't apparent when you were buying it, saying something like "I wish it had more cargo space" does not count.

One of my gripes is that the plastic on the dash and door panels is not the same, different shade and it shows, it irks me everytime I see it.

Yours?

#4 ·
i wish the center console was a few inches higher...its kind of a far reach for my ipod, phone, etc. i also think they could have included the coat hook in the d-pillar like the previous generation

#8 ·
fotomoto said:
Milo said:
No sunroof option

The sunroof one is a minor quibble, though. I have never had one, as they reduce the headroom. The Cube is the first vehicle I've owned where this would not have been a problem.
Hey, you're not playing by the rules. This thread is about something you didn't know before you bought.
The dealership we bought ours at had one in the showroom (White Krom) *with* a sunroof. Aftermarket, of course, and they had to remove the ripple ceiling to do it.

My gripe (well, my wife's gripe) is the mirror in the passenger's side sun visor; it's too far away from the seat for her to do her makeup. :)

#9 ·
Tortie said:
fotomoto said:
Milo said:
No sunroof option

The sunroof one is a minor quibble, though. I have never had one, as they reduce the headroom. The Cube is the first vehicle I've owned where this would not have been a problem.
Hey, you're not playing by the rules. This thread is about something you didn't know before you bought.
The dealership we bought ours at had one in the showroom (White Krom) *with* a sunroof. Aftermarket, of course, and they had to remove the ripple ceiling to do it.

My gripe (well, my wife's gripe) is the mirror in the passenger's side sun visor; it's too far away from the seat for her to do her makeup. :)
Tell her having a mirror is useless because she's beautiful with or without makeup, you'll make her day. It works even better if you want to buy something and she doesn't approve of the purchase. lol

#11 ·
I didn't realize just how crappy the ground clearance was before buying. I knew it was lower than my SUV that I traded in but I didn't realize exactly how low. I have to be careful of curbs and I'm really wondering how that's going to work when there is packed down snow this winter when the idiot that plows my street plows me in.

#12 ·
Blind spots; wind noise; white seats; fabric at the arm rests in back (doggie drool stains) rear seat not removeable; OD off doesn't allow for engine braking (too severe a gear change); obsessive desire to customize (uncontollable); oh and my face gets sore from smiling while driving it. Other than that I love it!

#21 ·
People staring at me. Of course I noticed the car looked different, but I didn't think about that reaction. I am a behind the scenes kind of person.
I have had two situations where I was trying to change lanes and the driver was staring at my Cube. I sped up, so did he. I slowed down, so did he. One of the times lasted a block and a half and I missed my turn.

I also didnt notice how susceptible it was to wind before i bought it. I have had a couple drives home were 60+km/h winds knocked me around while I was going 120. Luckily its such a small ride you can get shoved over 2-3 feet and still be in your lane.

I didnt notice that I couldnt see the lights in some intersections when I am stopped. Not sure what to do about that. the seat is as low as it goes, and I can't comfortably move it any more forward.

If I had known then what I know now, it wouldn't have changed a thing. I love my Cube.

#24 ·
I also have zero vibration in my steering wheel. Have it checked out.

The dealer can also fix just about any squeak, rattle or buzz coming from any of the interior plastic parts of the car. Its a new car, it should be fixed now so it does not get worse later on... :yes:

#25 ·
a) the always lighted dash is great, but I forget to turn my lights on at dusk as a result.

b) slackjawed yokels stretching their necks out of shape and asking "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" in total bewilderment. I too had a freeway incident - some hill jack sped up beside me, rolled down the window of his crapped out cavalier and screamed something at the top of his lungs. No clue - I smile and wave.

- Love this car. Base model w/6sp - el cheapo model.

#26 ·
DonPaulB said:
Blind spots; wind noise; white seats; fabric at the arm rests in back (doggie drool stains) rear seat not removeable; OD off doesn't allow for engine braking (too severe a gear change); obsessive desire to customize (uncontollable); oh and my face gets sore from smiling while driving it. Other than that I love it!
I'm confused. The car's manual states that that is what the O/D Off switch is for... Is it just not that big of a difference?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.