Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone encounter your friends and family commenting on your Cube? I ordered myCube recently (yet to come) and i brought home the brochure. I shown it to my family and immediately they told me its ugly. My best friends tell me that the Cube looks like a van and why did i buy it. I felt kinda hurt and lost.... Though i like the cube a lot, but i am quite curious about how people around me will think about it. Anyone of you had such expriences? :'(

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't had any experiences with people commenting on my Cube....'cause I don't have one yet! ::) The thing with the cube is that it's not your typical looking vehicle so you're gonna have people that will really love it and others that will think it's plain ugly. Just think of all the people on here and in Japan that like the Cube. It's one of the top sellers in Japan.

The Cube rocks!!! ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
As an owner for over 6 months I've gotta say don't worry about the comments. When people see it in the metal they'll be in love. Most people (including me) say it's much nicer in real life. I've only had a couple of people say they don't like it but loads and loads and loads (you get the idea) say it's wicked :)

You won't regret it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
everyone thinks it's gay :( I like it, although I will feel a little metro driving it, LOVED my girls Xb though..that thing was bad ass!

·
Registered
104 Posts
PunKie said:
Did anyone encounter your friends and family commenting on your Cube? I ordered myCube recently (yet to come) and i brought home the brochure. I shown it to my family and immediately they told me its ugly. My best friends tell me that the Cube looks like a van and why did i buy it. I felt kinda hurt and lost.... Though i like the cube a lot, but i am quite curious about how people around me will think about it. Anyone of you had such expriences? :'(

If I actually cared about what my friends and family think about my preferences, I probably would have been a hermit by now. As it is though, most of my friends love the idea of me getting a cube. They say, "knowing you, I can actually see you in that".

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is true... the Cube is not meant to be for everyone. Here in Japan the Cube is accepted as being the alternative to the normal econo box cars. It appeals people of all ages, sexes, demographics and styles. I own a white pearl with a Lounge Brown interior. I also have the Sun Roof version and it is so cool to just relax and cruize the city.

It is better in person than just photos. You are going to love it. Did you know it appeared in the 2009 Pepsi Superbowl commercial with Will I am, Bob Dylan and Bruce Lee. How cool is that.

A car for the new generation

·
Registered
104 Posts
CUBE_3 said:
It is true... the Cube is not meant to be for everyone. Here in Japan the Cube is accepted as being the alternative to the normal econo box cars. It appeals people of all ages, sexes, demographics and styles. I own a white pearl with a Lounge Brown interior. I also have the Sun Roof version and it is so cool to just relax and cruize the city.

It is better in person than just photos. You are going to love it. Did you know it appeared in the 2009 Pepsi Superbowl commercial with Will I am, Bob Dylan and Bruce Lee. How cool is that.

A car for the new generation

Saw it. It shocked the heck out of me. I thought it may have been a Cube teaser commercial until the Pepsi logo showed up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in a very rural area where if you're not sporting a F-150 with 30 inch mud tires, you aren't cool. I expected the negative comments because when people found out I drove a XB they always had something to say--yet I walked out of work this morning and there stood 5 middle aged men gawking at my ride. To my surprise people really think it's neat. I could care less--cuz I adore it, but it's cool having a compliment or two.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From my experience so far, people are either going to love it or hate it. The worst comments so far are that it's ugly, it looks like a toaster and that it's the "ultimate short bus".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Hollister CA where there are tons of bikers. They just had their annual motorcycle rally and I was parked downtown. I went inside to get a Starbucks and came out and a bunch were all around. They really liked the looks and the best response I got was 'it would look B*TCHIN with flames'. I have the Krom in Super Black and a bunch of interior goodies. I just installed the set of wind deflectors on the windows... it looks very cool!

Some folks aren't gonna like it but I guarantee they WILL stop by to take a look!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have had my fair share of friends that said it was ugly... until they sat in it. I've never seen anything grow on people so fast. They will probably be surprised at how much they end up liking it. And if they still think it's ugly, well then they don't get any rides.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Some dip**** in an xB tried to tell a friend that his first gen xB was more OG than the cube, even though the cube came out before the xB.

FAIL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had almost 100% good comments...people will come up to me at the gas station, in parking lots, etc. and talk with me about it and say they think it's so cute! I'm 50 :eek: and have always liked the unusual/unique so I'm having a blast with this car (uh, Mobile Device) ;D

The 12 year old next door neighbor kid said he thought my cube looked like a fish tank, other people have said a toaster or an ice cube...I guess it's all in how you feel about your choice to own/drive a Cube...I'm very happy and will enjoy it for a long, long time. :yes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mostly positive comments, but there is an element of girl-car to it that can't be denied. I just tell those people that its my wife's car.

Its true that everyone who has taken a ride in it has been almost immediately won over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Girl car?????

I'm painting flames on mine... get some Big Foot ties to go around... get one of those Mr Microphones and cruise the neighborhood and shout out 'hey good lookin' we'll be back later to pick you up!'

:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
One of my friends calls it the pubic's cube and says it's a chick car. I'm surprised how many women ask me about the car and for an old married guy I don't mind it one bit. ;D Call it a chick car all you want I say. It's funny because his wife wants me to take her for rides all the time in it. ;) Maybe that's why he is so crappy about it. I had a young lady stop me at the post office the other day and ask me questions and she even took pictures of it. I get lots of comments from people and they all have been positive. A lady pulled up beside me at a stoplight and had me roll the window down so she could ask me what it was. People love this little thing. The only funny question I've gotten a few times is "Is that an electric car"? I don't know why they think that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hehe, girl car it is not. Great economy daily driver with alot of unique features, it is. I've always liked the design of these things more than the bB and I think it's great Nissan took them to the US.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts