Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Cube in fairly decent shape that has 130K miles on it. I recently put new tires on it and nice new rims. I also recently replaced the AC compressor and had my AC vents redone as they had become all out of whack. That's about $3500 I put into the car right before the transmission did it's thing. It started slipping. I got it to the shop for the bad news and had it towed home. I'm still able to limp it around in order to get it out of the way, but I would never consider trying to drive it like this. The CVT cannot be fixed and costs 4K$ to replace. So I bought a new car and my Cube is collecting pollen. What should I do with it? Even running, it's not worth much. I just hate giving away those brand new tires, gorgeous rims and brand new AC I spent so much on.

Any suggestions on what to do with it? I need to get rid of it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where do you live? I have a 2009 that needs a lot of stuff! I am willing to buy the car from you. I need drivers window motor and regulator, side mirror, need to put cruise on it, and it currently won't start cuz of the security system. I could REALLY use some good fortune...lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where do you live? I have a 2009 that needs a lot of stuff! I am willing to buy the car from you. I need drivers window motor and regulator, side mirror, need to put cruise on it, and it currently won't start cuz of the security system. I could REALLY use some good fortune...lol
I can throw it on a trailer and pull it home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmm..the weird thing is people constantly call my town I live in Dallas...but its The Dalles, Oregon. One of only two cities in America with The at the beginning. Dallas and putting it on a trailer seems crazy. If I were you, I would sell the tires and rims, and parts off of it, then sell it to a wrecking yard! I would buy your window motor and regulator(front drivers side) cruise control and the turn signal arm(s) drivers side mirror, grill, air conditioning unit. Probably more stuff too, depending on the color. I had a '91 rotary powered RX-7. I parted it out, and made a $700 profit! It wasn't too difficult to do! You can reach me at my business site https://columbiacar.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. I'd pursue that route if I had a yard or garage of my own. I live in half of a duplex, and I rent. Currently it's in a grassy area that's not an official parking space, so it's only a matter of time until I get ticketed or towed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might try jasperengines.com I have one of their engines and a transmission in my GMC pickup. The trans (700R4) is roughly 15 years old now. Go to their website and look up the installers in your area. Get a quote from the installer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might try jasperengines.com I have one of their engines and a transmission in my GMC pickup. The trans (700R4) is roughly 15 years old now. Go to their website and look up the installers in your area. Get a quote from the installer.
Thanks! Will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts