Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Cube for just over a week and just noticed a strange symbol on the instrument panel. Just under the trip meter there is a solid little circle with an arrow to the right of it pointing to the right. I have searched the owner's manual and there is no such symbol listed. Does anyone know what it means? By the way, I'm loving my cube :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
if you change the mode of the trip counter it will go out i think. there a 6 different settings.
1 trip A
2 trip B
3 current mpg(realtime)
4 average speed-SLR
5 average mpg-SLR(overall)
6 miles till empty
the average ones say SLR for "since last reset"
i cant remeber if this is the correct order but you get the picture.
pressing the right button momentarily to change mode and hold it down to reset .
i think mode 5 shows the light youre talking about!
good luck, hope this helps

·
Registered
168 Posts
Pretty sure thats the icon showing you which side of the car the fuel tank is on. It comes up when your low on gas or you go into the mode that shows you miles left til empty.

·
Registered
370 Posts
dave youre thinking of the little arrow next to the gas tank icon

the littel circle with an arrow indicates "average" and pops on when you cycle through the various trip calculations, once for average fuel economy since last resetting and once for another calculation involving a clock i never took the time to learn about

·
Registered
839 Posts
Actually Dave is right. It's a redundant reminder of where your gas cap is located and shows up with the AVG MPG indicator. The circle is supposed to represent your gas cap and the arrow tells you what side of the car it's on. - Dano

·
Registered
370 Posts
it is odd that the car would be reminding you (outside of its contant gas cap over here > arrow) about your gas cap when the computer is showing average fuel economy and then again at elapsed time since last reset (learned what the clock meant!) so im fairly sure its not showing me gas cap, rather distinguishing between real time and average MPG and then again... on reset times

although thinking about it maybe it popped up on average speed instead of reset time so i dont know

maybe it just means "hey look at that non cube car next to you isnt it weird"

·
Registered
686 Posts
That symbol comes up on my car when I have selected the average fuel consumption mode as opposed to the current fuel consumption. ie after ( the arrow) the last time I held in the button to reset it ( the dot).

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Does it come on when your gas is low?

I've noticed an odd arrow to when the gas is low..

·
Registered
407 Posts
o-> = average mpg mode :p

-> gastank= miles till empty mode :sick:

also when your running low on gas it automatically goes into miles till empty mode! :mad:

the large arrow and gas tank on the top right of the screen is to let you know the gas tank door is on the right side. not the same as miles till empty arrow and tank.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone know what the yellow oval symbol around the tachometer is? Its next to the red symble with the pic of a key in your car. I know what that is, but the yellow symbol is goofy looking and only seems to show up when I get into the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have you not been following with the new cars' common technologies lately? It's either the TPMS or the traction control. These are now mandatory for cars sold in the USA starting 2007/2010.

Anyway pictures say a 1000 words.

That's the TPMS and it's the 4 little wireless monitors in your wheels that detects air pressure inside your tires. If your car is steadily losing pressure or the pressure is way below recommended settings, this would light up. TPMS = tire pressure monitoring system.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/2007/10/10/feature-tire-pressure-monitoring-systems-what-they-mean-to-you.htm

and then this is the VSC

the top icon with a car skidding around.
VSC is short for vehicle stability control - also mandatory in 2010 onwards if you are to sell the car in USA.

·
Registered
370 Posts
davey davey

ill give you an answer do

the little yellow one immediately under the tach needle is the reminder that you are ready to put your foot on the brake to start the car (you must have intelligent key)

its a little shoe on a pedal

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my Cube for just over a week and just noticed a strange symbol on the instrument panel. Just under the trip meter there is a solid little circle with an arrow to the right of it pointing to the right. I have searched the owner's manual and there is no such symbol listed. Does anyone know what it means? By the way, I'm loving my cube :)

It means the gas cap is loose

1 - 15 of 15 Posts