Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if we are just a bunch of crazies in our family or if many people do this, but we name each car we own...

For example, our Jag was called "Jesse"... we called her "Jezebel" when she was acting up. I saw someone on the forums who named his Cube "Cubert"... so it got me wondering... who else named their car and what did you name it... and why, if there's a reason/story behind the name.

Ours is called Izzy. As in "What is he (izzy) driving?"...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well I didn't really give mine a name. Most people I know refer to their car as a "she". "Ain't she a beauty?" "She runs great!" I didn't really feel my cube was a "she", but I don't really feel it's a "he" either. So I decided my cube is androgynous. :D
What could be short for androgynous?...Andy? No, I had a cousin named Andy, and he was a BAD seed, a bad annoying seed.

My family refers to it as the FRIDGE or the CLOSET. Well anyway, as of now, no name for mine. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cu-bert.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I generally call it The Pube, got that from a friend. But he also recalled that before I had a green '54 Chevy, I had to use my dad's green '49 Plymouth. I called both of those The Green Bomb, so now he calls my cube The Green Bomb too. So it's the third in a series of some sort, I guess.

Huge coincidence: On "My Classic Car," a green '54 Chevy drives right in front of a green 4-door Plymouth. Two of my Green Bombs in one shot! What are the odds? And I have the video as a QuickTime file!

·
Registered
261 Posts
My Bitter Chocolate cube is named "Boxy Brown", LOL! My boyfriend wanted to call her "Bouillon", I wanted "Foxy Brown". My mom thought "Boxy Brown" was better. I think it suits her quite well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We have been calling ours the "Cubit-Cube" :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have named many cars - this one is "Ice" - as is a white cube - seemed appropriate - and is definately a she - kind of a butch she - but a she none the less ;D

·
Registered
134 Posts
hadn't thought about it....
hmmm....can i just call her Tina?
don't know why i picked Tina....
whatever, its making me laugh now :D
TINA

·
Registered
464 Posts
Tropical Cube.... because I am really into the whole Tropical thing ever since I lived in Hawaii...... two different times in my life and love bright tropical colors and warm climates ...... I even had my head rest covered in a Hawaii Print wetsuit material from Wet Okole.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most people call my Cube a box or A Cube (in a smarta$$ tone with rolled eyeballs). I tell them Toyota makes the box car I drive a Cube. I'm thinking of putting Shallow Hearse across the windshield in black letters. I just call it my hearse for short.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No name but it has been called;
Fridge on Wheels
Short Bus
Rollin' Coffin
The Other Box (We have an '05 Xb)
Cute
Ugly
Golf Car
Cool Car
Whatzit
WTFzit
and my favorite... You Fit in That!!??

·
Registered
134 Posts
oh yeah and my lady calls mine cubicle....she never calls it anything else. its just 'the cubicle'

·
2,084 Posts
Went in to pick mine up from the service department today and when I walked in the associate said Sugar Cube right! They loved it and loved the brushed ripple hooks too. They had the WOW never seen this before look. Like Nissan is the only one who can fill a hole.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked up my '10 Cube yesterday: 3/14/10.

Chrome Silver S, 6-speed.

Official name:

"Stacey Cube"

1 - 20 of 117 Posts