Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forever I've been noticing what appears to be salt water residue (snow plow salt?) in placesother than where my feet would go when driving. Always felt there was water getting in, and the salt residue seemed to be proof. Today I had to get my wheel lock out for a tire repair... the foam tire kit had a few ounces of water in it and the tools are all corroded from exposure to "the elements". They have never been taken out of the holder and didn't look like that when I bought the car new. This is going to be a nightmare I'm sure... :mad:

2009 SL, 17,000 miles...

Found online Versas have had issues like this.

Long term... best case mold... worst case rusted floorboards?

UPDATE: Yesterday 3/6 they found the problem. There are air vents and water drains built into the rear... Drains that run the water out from the roof and rear door seams, out the bottom of the car. And air vents to further ventilate when a window is open I guess. One of my gaskets that separates the two functions was partially not where it was supposed to be and another was so overtightened that the gasket was bursting out. They tested and found water was enetering the vehicle this way. So as you brake I guess the water, which is already inside, runs toward the front of the car. Apparently, this is not an isolated incident. Nissan corp. knew about others.

I will post pics. They believe it has always been like this. Too much sake the weekend before my car was built I guess :(

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Wet floors! Anyone else?

I've had that in other cars in the past but I've yet noticed it in my '11 Cube. That said, even with the slightest amount of water on the road, the water noise from the rear fender wells is astonishing. It's like driving inside a dishwasher.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Two summers ago we noticed a pool a water on the floor of the drivers side after parking on a sideways tilt. It was the air conditioner drain (condensation).I believe it to have been knocked out of place during a recall check. Look for dripping from under the plastic panel beside the gas pedal. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well I brought it on Friday afternoon. Initially the response was the AC leaking... until they saw the tool compartment. Apparently, they too think it's much more. Haven't heard back yet but they planned on pulling the seats and carpet Saturday. This IS going to be a nightmare. I wish I didn't love that POS.

Glen, the cube dishwasher effect is nothing compared to my 370. It's at least twice as bad... and every little pebble on the road is magnified. The rear wheel wells are giant megaphones mangnifying everything thats wrong with the road. At least in the cube we only hear water.... usually.

·
Registered
415 Posts

yeah, I hear the stones from the tire treads too, especially when the car was new. Now w/12k on the tires, not as much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My cube had this happen this past summer, it was the cabin pressure relief valve. They had to remove the seats, carpet and padding, fix the valve and dry and detox everything.

Since then I have not had any probs.

We didnt notice right away because the cargo floormat acted as a barrier to the water and it wasnt until we started getting a gym sock smell that we snooped around and found the h2o...

·
Registered
6 Posts
The rear door on my 2009 Cube SL leaks horribly (and it's not just the vents). First time I took it through a carwash, soapy water poured in through the rubber "seals" around the door. Luckily, it drains out the back instead of flowing towards the front. Never park with the front end angled down. If it rains, the water will flow into the car, instead of out the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts