·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New (to me) '09 Cube

White pearl 2009 S, 1.8L with the CVT. Bought January 11, 2012 (owned it less than a week).

At least it looks better on the inside: I still think the Cube is the silliest looking car anybody's every built. The Subaru Tribeca come close with that silly puss they put on it. The Honda Element is just plain ugly, ditto the Scion.

A friend says the Cube looks like a "toon" car, something Donald Duck might roll up in. Somebody else suggested I find fish appliqués for the back window because it looks like an aquarium (unlike the Pacer which just looked like a fishbowl).

So why did I buy it? Once I sat inside I liked the visibility, and this particular car was very clean for 30,000 miles. Oh, and that retro 70's disco light show on the floor: that's what I bought and the car came with it!

And since then the car has grown on me, and it's fun to drive: handles well and has surprising pep for a small engine.

So that's my Cube story

--Chez

·
Registered
2 Posts
8) I am not new to my 2009 Cube but I am new to this site. I got my Cube in the Cash for Clunkers deal when I traded in my Town and County Minivan. I will admit that the first time I saw one in the dealership I said it was the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Then I fell in love with the ceiling and the cup holder on the left of the steering wheel, and the love grew from there. I couldn't believe how much easier my driving life became. Its funny the annoying, full of effort traits of a vehicle that you get used to. The Cube is so easy to drive, get in and out of, quirky, never a loss of places to place beverages! It took me months to see another one on the road when I first bought it, although my husband claimed seeing them often. We would always wave or honk. I still get a wave or honk occasionally now even though there are tons of them on the road around here. Random strangers still ask about the car in parking lots, drive thru windows, stop lights, wherever. Its always "What is it?" or "how do you like it?" or "how many MPG?". I also have a handicap placard because I have MS and people stop me to check out the accessibility. I tell them that it has made getting in and out of the car effortless for me, something I couldn't say about the minivan where I had to climb in. I'm kind of schrimpy but my husband is 6'2" and he has no trouble with the headroom at all. I call it my "Cubicle". My son hates the car because of the color (Carribean Blue) and all the attention it gets. I say, get over it! Love me, love my Cube!

·
Registered
4 Posts
New Cubie here

Im enjoying my cube and the fuel savings so much. I would like to know what I can do to save even more on MPG. I do most of my driving in the city.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Re: New Cubie here

Ice said:
Im enjoying my cube and the fuel savings so much. I would like to know what I can do to save even more on MPG. I do most of my driving in the city.
Having the tires inflated at 32psi at least. Clean air filter. Don't step too hard on the gas when starting off at stop/lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my Cube3 last Friday after trading in a Mitsubishi I-Car.
Has they are not being imported into UK found a mint 14 month old one 10000 miles.
Its got the works Floor lights Sat Nav, Door Lights, Sunroof etc.
Nice to see a good forum going.
I am going to make my own cargo box starting Saturday.
Will give info on project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am Sara from SATX. My husband and I bought a cube last week. We are new to the whole cube scene. We have two honda civic wagons, but decided to go with something a little different. :)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
booteh87 said:
Hi, I am Sara from SATX. My husband and I bought a cube last week. We are new to the whole cube scene. We have two honda civic wagons, but decided to go with something a little different. :)
Welcome on the forum! Civic wagon? From the 80'? Theses were cool cars!

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

Any mods to the Civics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is actually why we bought the cube. I want to start putting money and time into my car, but I dont want to have to do it around my school schedule. So, we bought the cube so that I can have that as a daily driver and my wagon as a slow build, so that I can have it the way I want it. First thing I want to do is put a swap, I am thinking zc. They are a little less common. We have another stock engine in the garage we were just going to build up.. but since it isnt about time now, I want to go all the way. Once the swap is done, maybe turbo, maybe not.. idk. After that paint, tint and some sweet wheels. I love the meshy wheels. Like BBS.. I havent figured out everything but that is my outline lol. Now the problem i am coming to is that my husband wants to put mods on the cube! lol So.. we will figure out which part of which car to do first. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here my display name is pitree01 my real name is carlos I bought my cube in 2009 and I have been doing some small mods since, I am the only one on guam that is really stepping up to the plate to hook the nissan cube up to the extreme I see this car to be fun and very spacious so why now do what comes to mind

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
davidflower7782 said:
Please tell me how do you modify the information here I want to add my web page and modify my information....thanks.NEW member
Not sure if should help...smell like spam lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!! :D

My name is Ash, I'm from southwestern PA, and I'm a Cube addict!! I've had "Spike," my silver 2011 Cube 1.8 S, for almost a month now and I LOVE MY TOASTER!!! I bought him used; he used to be a rental car, and had gotten tapped on the nose one day when he was rented out. I've been drooling over the Cube ever since I first saw one back in 2009. SO happy to actually be driving my dream car!! :D I call him my roly-poly fun box. :D Spike is so freaking cute I could die, and he's got a practical cup holder and more bells and whistles than I've ever had in a car. And all the stares and strange looks never get old!!! :p Spike = <3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there cubing pals!

Thank's for the welcome!
I am a, retired, fifty years old Canadian air force serviceman from Quebec city, province of Quebec, witch is the french speaking part of Canada.
I'm now,a 2009 pearl white cube sl owner. I have owned it since 25/01/2012. I have exchange a 2008 Chevy Equinox for my beloved cube. It is by far my favorite car.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
carmann said:
Hi there cubing pals!

Thank's for the welcome!
I am a, retired, fifty years old Canadian air force serviceman from Quebec city, province of Quebec, witch is the french speaking part of Canada.
I'm now,a 2009 pearl white cube sl owner. I have owned it since 25/01/2012. I have exchange a 2008 Chevy Equinox for my beloved cube. It is by far my favorite car.
Welcome on the forum! Bienvenue sur le forum! Un autre membre vient aussi de la vieille capitale.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts