Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

Welcome to the online community for Nissan Cube and Cubic owners, enthusiasts and potential buyers. I am a fan of the Cube and am glad that you found this site. Regardless of whether you are looking for advice, speculate on this upcoming vehicle to North America, help on purchasing new or used, accessories information or just plain fun - NissanCubeLife.com's goal is to be your source!

This is one of the first Nissan Cube websites dedicated only to the Nissan Cube and Cubic. I hope that you will be one of the first members to help our community grow. As the community grows, you will see many features and tools added to this website.

If you have any ideas or recommendations on what you like to see, feel free to message me as I'm always up for suggestions.

Thank you and welcome once again...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, Tom!

Let's talk some Cube ;D It's going to be either this vehicle, or the Toyota iQ, that makes it into my garage as my next car. Looks like the Cube will be here first, but I would be willing to wait for the iQ if they announce it's coming here to N.A.

Two forums to maintain? Big responsibility, but, lots of fun @ the same time.

Good luck. We'll chat as news develops!

Adios,
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!! picked up my Cube last Wednesday and have been having fun since. Don't really know much about it, saw it, test drove it, bought it...Ruth Cube

·
2,084 Posts
I am amazed at this thread and forum as the vehicle was not sold in the US until May 09. So the forum was up and running before the vehicle was even sold.

Christine ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
ChristineK said:
I am amazed at this thread and forum as the vehicle was not sold in the US until May 09. So the forum was up and running before the vehicle was even sold.

Christine ;)
Yep, but the Cube had been overseas for years. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from England UK---The Cube should be available over here in UK In Dec 09. As soon as it hits the showrooms I'm going to take a look, It might just be what I am looking for. Meanwhile I'll check out the site & do a little homework. The UK Cube with have a Choice of engines Gas & Diesel 1.5 & 1.6 CC . We wont be getting the 1.8 or 2 litre......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've had my 2009 Silver SL cube with preferred package for a little over a month now and couldn't be more pleased! I traded in my 2007 Xterra for a cube to save on gas (plus hubby has a 2005 Pathfinder so we don't need 2 SUVs). The cube rocks! For the functions you get, the value is great! I'm really glad I went with the SL and preferred package because it's awesome! I'm taking my cube for it's first official wash today as hubby got me cube waterproof floor mats for Christmas. If you are on the fence, the cube is an awesome little car. I have a 40 mile round trip commute and have only spend $87 on gas in the last month (compared to over $200 for that period if I'd have had the Xterra). I drive on busy Cali freeways and the cube has never had a problem keeping up. I also live in a more urban area and I've snagged some sweet downtown parking spots with the cube that would not have been attainable.
In the words of my 4-year old..."that's a really cool car mommy!"

·
Registered
6 Posts
;) hello fellow cubers. I just got a 1.8sl a couple weeks ago with the "preferred package" and a couple other options. Mine is a 2009 because that was all that was available on the lot. Well, like the rest of you, I am pleasantly surprised with my cube. I had no intention to even look at one of these since I had been looking at VW GTI and Hyundai Genesis Coupe. It just so happened that i was getting my other car inspected and had to wait for a couple hours. As me and my wife passed through a Nissan dealer lot on the way to our fast food lunch, we noticed "cubes" over there in the lot. My wife said to me, "that is a cute car", to which I replied, "sure it is, we can test drive it on the way back". I had already test driven the first two aforementioned vehicles, so my expectations were that this would be a wash and I could then get the boss to focus on one of them other two. Well, I was shocked at what I experienced. I was dead set on "one of those performance cars" and within a few hours I changed my mind completely and now am one of you. Hey, we love it. Thinking about the aero kit now. It's a blast. Nissan needs to get the word out on these.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello fellow cube fans! I am new to the site, but I've had my cube since early june of 2009. It was two months before I saw another one on the road. I have the steel SL with the CVT. My wife laughed at me when I pulled into the driveway to surprize her with my new car. She thought I had gone off the deep end. Now she always wants to take the cube when we go somewhere. I think she has secretly fallen in love with the cube. My coworkers also thought I must be crazy. They said it was just "not me".......... But you know what?..... It is actually a car that I bought for me, because I like it, and not because anyone else likes it. Why is it that most car enthusiasts seem to either Love, or hate this car? I am still enjoying this little car more than I had expected. Since I've tinted my front windows to match the back ones, I catch more people looking than before they were tinted. I think it's partly because they don't realize I'm seeing them looking, but it is sure a nice upgrade for a fairly low cost. I would recommend going high end on the tint quality. Two windows are usually only around $100. The next step will be the Clazzio leather seat covers with the red stitching [not so cheap]. I like the wavey cloth seats fine, but they are lint magnets. I guess I can always go back to the original after a few years, if I get bored with the seat covers. Anyway, I'm glad to be onboard with you guys . :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well this seems like a fun bunch. I bought a white 2009 leftover on Saturday - I took my 05 Frontier in for a recall - was wandering around the lot - looked at one of the cubes (the way loaded one - over 20k ) was walking away when the sales guy told me they had an 09 on sale and I should look at it. Went and got the Mrs. and went back to lot - she said "that is the ugliest car I have ever seen" - I asked her to drive it - I have not been able to get ahold of the keys since then. She Loves It. I love it. Ordered wheels and some stereo equipment for it as the stock S stereo isn't going to cut it. and those hub caps have got to go - Other than a little soundproofing - which will be taken care of when I install stereo - It is Perfect - It will be fun to see what people do to there cubes -

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello BIG_BRIAN_67, your story sounds almost like mine. The difference being that I was the one who was initially put off by the appearence of the "cube". I was shocked (because I was impressed) by the interior look and feel as well as the way it rides. It isn't like anything I have ever experienced, and it is actually fun to drive. I find myself checking out accesseries and performance parts all the time now. You can find all kinds of stuff on ebay motors. I really like the CVT transmission because it is capable of delivering very smooth acceleration. The motor is obviously refined because you can't even tell it is running when sitting at a stop light. In fact, if I am easy with the throttle, the motor is so quiet that it resembles the sound and feel of the Toyota Prius. Anyway, you can find videos of "cubes" that folks have modified. I have seen more than one video of a "cube" that has a Stillen or other aftermarket intake and exhaust. One dude videoed himself driving his "cube" doing 100 mph. Some pretty neat as well as crazy stuff out there. have. have fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:mad: Hello I am a new "Cube Family"... bought my Cube last week, Pearl White I call it my Cube on steriods.... love it.... I have been waving to alot of people on the road as they drive by me... they kind of get that hurt neck look, turning around looking at me and my cube..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi!!! I am a new owner of a 2010 Cube SL that I got just over 2 weeks ago. I traded a 2007 Sentra S (I bought the Sentra new in 2007) for my Steel Grey 2010 Cube SL. I had looked at the Cube last year and was really drawn to its look. I test drove it last year and fell in love with it. At the time I did not trade in the Sentra for the Cube until 2 weeks ago. I got my Cube with The SL Preferred and Interior Desiger Packages, Rear cargo Organizer, Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates and 20-color Interior Accent Lighting. I just love it!!! It included a 3 month XM Radio service with activation. The Premium AM/FM/CD Audio System and six Upgraded Speakers with Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer is awesome. The XM radio is something else and I am considering extending the subsciption after the three months are over. My friend thought I had lost my mind when I drove up in the Cube. Just a few days ago, my friend was with me in my Cube and I had my friend drive it. I think my friend appreciates my Cube a little more now. I just found this website and am looking forward to reading about others who own a Cube and all the input everyone has to offer on this innovative and great vehicle. ;D :) 8)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts