Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have misplaced my owner's manual (feels like a total idiot). A light came on, on my dash this morning and I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's right under the 40 and it looks like a open topped cirle with some lines at the bottom and an explanation point in the middle. Any ideas what this means?

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) warning light.

It is there to notify you that one or more of your tires has inadequate air pressure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome.... :( Thanks so much for the reply! Luckily, I'm taking it in to the dealership today for an oil change. Hopefully there isn't a hole or anything in it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
XCoconutMonkey06X said:
Awesome.... :( Thanks so much for the reply! Luckily, I'm taking it in to the dealership today for an oil change. Hopefully there isn't a hole or anything in it.
Depending on where you live the light could have been triggered by a sudden drop in outside temp. Mine came on a couple weeks ago when it dropped into the teens. I didn't have time to check the pressure, but after driving about 15 minutes or so it went back off and hasn't come on again yet. But this does alert me that there is at least one tire very close to actually being low so pressures do need to be checked...LOL - Dan

·
Registered
315 Posts
The TPMS in any car is sensitive to extreme cold, that's for sure. I live in WI and when it's below freezing the rule of thumb is: if the TPMS light goes off, check the tires to make sure, but 99% of the time they will be fine.

The sales rep at the dealership where I bought the cube was talking about that, too... we had just had a week with 10's and below and every car that came in that had the TPMS had the warning light on. None of them had a tire pressure issue.

It's a nice feature to have in case something really is wrong with the tire pressure, but more often than not it's a false alarm... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check the tires anyway when it lights up.

Cube on!
K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts