Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i have a 2008 Rogue S with 20000 miles...should i be able to do a clean swap for a 2009 cube? thanks in advance for any replys...pat ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
What do you mean by a "clean swap?" If you're going to try and trade your Rogue in for a Cube and not have to pay any money out of pocket, I don't see that happening. There are a lot of factors to consider including trade-in value that a dealer will offer you along with how much you owe on the car if you're financing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not financing anything...the rogue is paid for and why shouldn't i get a cube for a rogue...the rogue costs more??

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's not how dealers look at it. You'd be better off selling the Rogue privately and then purchasing the Cube.

Is there any particular reason why you're looking to downsize?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would like something smaller...i thought i could get away without paying anything or something very minor by doing this...what would i list the ROGUE S for? it's 2 WD...thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
According to Kelly Blue Book, the private party value (if you sell it yourself) is $17525. That's the standard equipment (I didn't add or take away any equipment). Trade in is $15 or so and the dealership will list it (in excellent condition) for about $20000.

Check for yourself on cars.com...........click on bluebook value and plug in your vehicle and equipment. Easy to do. :yes:

Check edmunds too, as the person above suggested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with that said, don't you think it's a good possibility a dealer will swap cars with me? :roll:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Even though it's a Nissan (one of their own), they'll probably try to steal it from you. You'd have to get really lucky to do an even-up or even close...............THAT said, no harm in trying........you can always walk, and then wait for the phone to ring. You could get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it. You could come close. You could detail it all up, advertise it for $18 and then let it go for $17. Keep in mind the economy at this point, but there are STILL people who need and want cars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
well if you going to the dealer with it . mark down on paper what you want for your car. then see if there even close.
don't let them stick a banana in your tail pipe :no:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts