Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i have a 2008 Rogue S with 20000 miles...should i be able to do a clean swap for a 2009 cube? thanks in advance for any replys...pat ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
What do you mean by a "clean swap?" If you're going to try and trade your Rogue in for a Cube and not have to pay any money out of pocket, I don't see that happening. There are a lot of factors to consider including trade-in value that a dealer will offer you along with how much you owe on the car if you're financing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not financing anything...the rogue is paid for and why shouldn't i get a cube for a rogue...the rogue costs more??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would like something smaller...i thought i could get away without paying anything or something very minor by doing this...what would i list the ROGUE S for? it's 2 WD...thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
According to Kelly Blue Book, the private party value (if you sell it yourself) is $17525. That's the standard equipment (I didn't add or take away any equipment). Trade in is $15 or so and the dealership will list it (in excellent condition) for about $20000.

Check for yourself on cars.com...........click on bluebook value and plug in your vehicle and equipment. Easy to do. :yes:

Check edmunds too, as the person above suggested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with that said, don't you think it's a good possibility a dealer will swap cars with me? :roll:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Even though it's a Nissan (one of their own), they'll probably try to steal it from you. You'd have to get really lucky to do an even-up or even close...............THAT said, no harm in trying........you can always walk, and then wait for the phone to ring. You could get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it. You could come close. You could detail it all up, advertise it for $18 and then let it go for $17. Keep in mind the economy at this point, but there are STILL people who need and want cars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
well if you going to the dealer with it . mark down on paper what you want for your car. then see if there even close.
don't let them stick a banana in your tail pipe :no:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts