Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...love my 2010 cube to death...been a very reliable little car for us...favorite part is interior ceiling with ripple effect! Went to start yesterday and the immobilizer security wont disable to start car!!! The dash light with the red car with key in the middle just keeps blinking. Tried everything to battery to brakes to steering column to fuses under dash to leaving it overnight. Is this just a dealership issue from the system glitching or can I save $$$$ by trying something else???? HELP pls and thank you!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem with my wife's cube. The steering lock does not disengage starting the vehicle impossible. I was hitting the bottom of the steering column multiple times for the lock to disengage (caveman way of doing it...). It worked for about a month. Then one day it totally died and had to get it towed to the nearest Nissan Dealer. They completely fixed the issue @ $760 out the door. Make sure to negotiate the pricing as if it happened to you in the middle of the desert, you could have been stranded. Give them all the negative stuff and they may discount you further. I was too tired to argue so that's the price I paid. It's been 4 years since that and still working like a charm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts