Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

Using Apple's Safari Browser with Nissan Cube Life

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  whtbst 
#1 ·
:( Apple's Safari Browser is the default browser on my Intel iMac. I have no problems with it on any site I visit, including my online banking sites, except for Nissan Cube Life. I was unable to register here using Safari and can not post using Safari. In every case I get error messages about timing out even if I've only been working for a minute or less. I can log on and read the forum messages with no problems, I just can't respond or post new messages. I don't know if this applies to Safari on the PC but it's likely that it does.

None of the other Cube forums - or other forums of any type - that I participate in have this problem.

I can access this forum successfully using Firefox - which is how I'm posting this.

#2 ·
I'm a Mac user and use Safari on both the Mac and PC side through Bootcamp and have not had any issues. Have also looked at Firefox and Explorer as well with no problems. Has anyone else had problems accessing this site with Safari?

This reply was written with Safari. :)

#3 ·
Amnesiac said:
I'm a Mac user and use Safari on both the Mac and PC side through Bootcamp and have not had any issues. Have also looked at Firefox and Explorer as well with no problems. Has anyone else had problems accessing this site with Safari?
Ok, that has me thinking... Ouch!

I'm using an app called 1Password that remembers all of my user names and passwords. When I log on to this forum with 1Password I see my e-mail address in the user name field, but it recognizes me as Zinker. I thought that was strange, but have been ignoring that bit of oddness.

I tried logging out and even that gives me an error now. So it looks like the problem is on my end. I'll have to ponder this a bit, since I was logged off in Firefox but not in Safari. Strange.

Attachments

#4 ·
zinker said:
Amnesiac said:
Ok, that has me thinking... Ouch!
I just tossed my cookies and relaunched Safari. The site came up with me logged off. I then logged in properly and tried to post.

Still no joy. Hummm.

Attachments

#7 ·
I'm on Mac Safari and every 1 out of 4 times that I access this site it loads a blank/white page. When I refresh it usually loads properly.

#10 ·
Amnesiac said:
whtbst said:
I'm on Mac Safari and every 1 out of 4 times that I access this site it loads a blank/white page. When I refresh it usually loads properly.
Anyone else have this problem?
Yes this is a new issue that just started for me in the last few days. I was thinking the page was loading but it was not, agreed once I refresh the page it does load correctly. The header loads but the page does not. Minor inconvenience overall.

#11 ·
Now it feels like every time, or at least every other time, I access the site I get the blank/white screen. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.