Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Cubers,
I have a 2012 Cube with a 6 speed manual transmission that I've had for a year. My guess is this model didn't come with a keyless start button. Has anyone come up with a creative use for this nicely placed hole in the dash? I guess the obvious use would be for an accessory switch of some sort but nothing comes to mind. If I do something with it, I want it to look professional and not like, "Hey, I've got an idea! Hold my beer!" Also, what is the purpose of that recessed little cave below the start button hole? Anyone have some creative uses for that as well?

Thanks for any comments,
Gary (Proud owner of Q Birt)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I only put change in the lower hole (square shape)
The start button mold... I might get behind the dash and see if I can use that for placement of the fog light toggle/switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be happy that you have the key type starter.
Some of the keyless types had some kind of problem with the security system that would lock the steering wheel and prevent the car to start.https://youtu.be/Fk_Xo6zMHWo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be happy that you have the key type starter.
Some of the keyless types had some kind of problem with the security system that would lock the steering wheel and prevent the car to start.https://youtu.be/Fk_Xo6zMHWo
I'm happy for sure. In fact, what makes me most happy is the fact that I have a 6 speed manual transmission. I've watched some of the videos showing the drive belt issues on the CVTs. I have a 1994 Nissan pickup that I bought in 1999 with 40K miles. It now has 286K miles. I've never had to replace the clutch or pressure plate and it still shifts like a dream. It also doesn't use or leak oil between changes. My Cube had 36K miles when I bought it a year ago. Just like my pickup, immediately after buying it I changed the oil in my Cube to Mobile 1 full synthetic. I'm 69 and this little Cube will probably be my last car. I can say that because I've had the pickup for 22 years and still use it when needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the one as my USB port from my stereo, and the bottom one holds my remote(I also put Velcro in there and on remote) it’s perfect! I have an ‘09 6 speed manual. LOVE IT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I only put change in the lower hole (square shape)
The start button mold... I might get behind the dash and see if I can use that for placement of the fog light toggle/switch.
I used mine originally for that also, but now I realized I want the stock steering and arms with all of the buttons. I like the fact most of the wiring is already there, like it was for the rear speakers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts