Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I was at a red light, and there was a guy in a Suburban who was staring at me ( the Cube I take it). As he started to drive off when his light turned green across to the right from me, he took both of his hands off the wheel and gave me a weird look and two BIG thumbs down...all the way until he reached the other side of the street. Now, I guess I DO like the attention my fridge gets, and I know not EVERYBODY is a fan of the car, but this guy thought it was ugly enough to let go of the wheel, take his eyes off the road, and risk his little boys life that was in the back-seat? Tisk tisk...tisk tisk indeed.

Anyway, though I do like the looks, smiles, stares, and pointing from people, (SOMEtimes) I also really enjoy bad attention. Their disaproval of my car makes me feel kinda BAD haha. I think I might have to go see a therapist...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dont let it get to you. A lot of people are just plain assholes. Who cares if he doesnt like it, he is not the one driving it, YOU ARE. In this life you have to buy things that you like and that makes you happy regardless of what others think.

People are always going to try to put you down and its up to you to stay strong and just dont even let it get to you.

I drive my cube everyday and I am very proud of it :) Its different and unique in its own away.

But if it bothers you that much and you cant get over it, just trade it in for an Altima, everybody has one

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I think you misunderstood me molejao43, I meant bad as in NAUGHTY, a REBEL, just plain B-A-D 8). I LOVE my Cube, and like you said, if others don't like it, oh well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's amazing what people will do to show their disapproval and more importantly that one would risk lives to do it is ridiculous. On the brightside though I must say it's great to have a vehicle that people feel compelled to give a thumbs up or down.

Good thing all of us here have the coolest cars that don't cost 6 figures and still get awesome responses :yes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Q!Cube said:
It's amazing what people will do to show their disapproval and more importantly that one would risk lives to do it is ridiculous. On the brightside though I must say it's great to have a vehicle that people feel compelled to give a thumbs up or down.

Good thing all of us here have the coolest cars that don't cost 6 figures and still get awesome responses :yes:
lol oops :-[ my bad

·
Registered
930 Posts
I had a person driving by do that to me. At first he was giving me a thumbs up then turned it down. What morons out there really need to do that?

·
Registered
671 Posts
AFireinsideMyCube said:
Well today I was at a red light, and there was a guy in a Suburban who was staring at me ( the Cube I take it). As he started to drive off when his light turned green across to the right from me, he took both of his hands off the wheel and gave me a weird look and two BIG thumbs down...all the way until he reached the other side of the street. Now, I guess I DO like the attention my fridge gets, and I know not EVERYBODY is a fan of the car, but this guy thought it was ugly enough to let go of the wheel, take his eyes off the road, and risk his little boys life that was in the back-seat? Tisk tisk...tisk tisk indeed.
I don't know man, guy sounds like a bit of an idiot to me. I suppose he thinks the Surbuban is something special? I guess if you're into gas guzzling and trying to intimidate drivers of smaller vehicles (including bicycles in my experience), Suburban's (and like vehicles) are fine. However, I personally can't stand those monsters or their typical drivers. I generally find them to be among the worst on the road in terms of awareness and road courtesy. Sounds like your Suburban friend fits in perfectly.

ChristineK said:
I would have given him and his gas hog 2 middle fingers up :roll:

The 10 MPG land yacht, that gets my attention.
Well said :D!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Suburban for my husband's wheelchair and transportation, and although it suits its purpose well for his needs and carrying stuff, it is my least favorite car to drive. I love my Cube and my MINI and I really don't enjoy the trips with the Sub. I don't care if others like the Cube or not. It is a great car and really boosted my appreciation of Nissan.
I have seen some looks of disapproval by the larger cars and trucks on the road, but it just shows how small-brained they are. Having both kinds of vehicles I don't look down on choice of cars. I turned in a Porsche Cayenne I had bought used for my dogs for the Cube. I lost money doing it as I only had it 3 months, but I hated driving that car. It felt so heavy, and its mileage was 14 mpg around town. The Cube is getting nearly 29 and is fun to drive.
No matter what you drive someone will not like it. Just enjoy all your trips and less visits to the pump. :yes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Like all cube owners, I have experienced similar reactions as I drive around town. I live in a very small state and I bought my 09 just a few weeks after the cube was introduced. I have had people shake their heads and mock me, but I have also had people take pictures of my cube as they drive by, stand in front of it and have their picture taken, etc.

I really don't care what other people think, it is my car and they can get over it. It just amazes me when Cube critics act so pompous as they drive by in their cookie cutter mini vans and SUV's. Gotta love the Sheeple.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I enjoy the attention my Cube gets. I didn't want a car that I couldn't find in a parking lot. I didn't want a, excuse me, a grey black or white one for the same reason. I grew up in the fifties and sixties, and remember when every new car was not black, grey or white. My Altima was the electric blue, my wife's Sentra is red. Pardon my rant. I just don't understand. Look at all the cars on the road, they all seem to be black, white or the ubiquitous gray/silver with only a sprinkling of red. America's highways have turned into the bland ways.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That is a big reason I bought the Caribbean blue Cubey. It is such a great color. It's also why I love the MINIs so much because they are one of the few cars that you can select exactly what you want when you order it. And the colors in the MINIs are vibrant, except for the typical silvers. So many of the dealerships offer cookie cutter colors and their lots reflect that.
Whatever happened to creativity here. I'm not saying we need Pepto bismol pink, but look at how many people choose to have custom paint colors done on the classics or even the newer cars.

·
Registered
929 Posts
No matter what you drive, you will never make everyone happy.

This guy in the Suburban does not know what he is missing... I once drove a Suburban & the Cube offers most of what that large truck does, with twice the MPG. Hopefully he will be enlightened one day and drive a Cube :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
ChristineK said:
none said:
No matter what you drive, you will never make everyone happy.
I feel no need to make anyone happy but myself

besides, they don't pay for it either ;D
Yep -- my intent is to please me, not "them". Though to be sure, it's nicer to have people like your car (or whatever) than insult it :(! Still, as always, there's little point in respecting someone who has no respect for you, and if you don't respect them, who cares what they think about you and your choices :)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
My husband died last week so I no longer need the Suburban. I am giving it to my brother as he could really use it. I drove the Cube down to Phoenix (its first trip on an interstate) to get a Subaru Outback to replace the Suburban. I could get along in the Cube all year, but I need a car that is good in snow and bad weather, too.

The Cube got some strange looks at the Subaru place, kind of looking down at it, but I don't care. It is a great car and I have had more people approach me about how cute it is than I have had with any other car,except the MINI. It really seems to promote a lot of friendliness toward it and no one has hurt it when I park it to shop.

You can just guess which car it was that I took out of the garage this morning to do my errands--the Cube. The Subaru is great but the Cube makes me smile and gives me a lot of pleasure, especially when I go to fill the gas tank. Originally my sister thought I should sell the Cube when I got the Subaru, but when she realized how much pleasure it brings me she backed off on that thought.
Life is way too short to worry about what anyone thinks of your car choice. Enjoy the ride fellow Cubers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your loss. My heart and sympathy to you and your family.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Very sorry to learn of the loss of your husband. I'm sure life will feel hugely different now and I'm wishing you the best!

I've a friend who bought a Subaru Forester (I came close myself) and from what I understand, the reliability is good. No doubt the Outback will serve you well :)!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts