Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have removed your "A" pillar trim to install tweeters. I'm thinking of adding tweeters to my "S" with the factory 4 speaker sound.

Can anyone tell me what the physical size of the tweeters are and how they mount to the pillar cover. Or better yet, if anyone has replaced their stock tweeters with after market units I would be interested in the stock ones if you want to part with them. - Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Tell you what... tomorrow morning, I'll skip to my tweeter install... a little unorthodox, but it worked really well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubik said:
Tell you what... tomorrow morning, I'll skip to my tweeter install... a little unorthodox, but it worked really well.
Cool, if you could take a picture and some measurements of the tweeter mounting that would be even better. I have a pair of tweeters from my sons Miata and am curious to know if they will fit the Cube. - Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Any standard 1" dome tweeter should fit fine.

Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of my install, but I used the factory mounting brackets to mount my tweeters. There was still plenty of clearance between the tweeter and the A-pillar trim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Sorry, I didn't bring the right SD card with me to work this morning... But tonight, I'll post up the tweeter install. I don't know if you've looked at my thread, but if you have, you know it'll be detailed. I've been taking alot of pictures. For what it's worth, My tweeters are .75" and fit with some work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
My suggestion to you is to just replace the 4 standard speakers with something better (2 or 3 way Pioneer/Sony cost less than $50/pair) that does't require an amp. You would get the most out of your $$$. Go to Walmart.

If you really decent sound, just add a 4 channel amp ($100 Sony from Walmart) and get some decent speakers (infinity, polk, kicker).
It does take a lot of time to put together though. You can see Rubic's build thread. With this setup, you won't need a subwoofer. Trust me. ;o)


007
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
miata007 said:
My suggestion to you is to just replace the 4 standard speakers with something better (2 or 3 way Pioneer/Sony cost less than $50/pair) that does't require an amp. You would get the most out of your $$$. Go to Walmart.

If you really decent sound, just add a 4 channel amp ($100 Sony from Walmart) and get some decent speakers (infinity, polk, kicker).
It does take a lot of time to put together though. You can see Rubic's build thread. With this setup, you won't need a subwoofer. Trust me. ;o)


007

Actually for me the sound is just fine, as long as I can listen to my music I'm happy. I don't need an amp or a sub. I'm not into making my car rattle or force other people in other cars listen to my music. I'm just thinking of adding tweeters cause there's a place for them and I have a pair out of my son's Miata. If they fit I'll use them, otherwise, if I stumble accross a factory pair I'll use them. It's not a biggie for me. - Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Here is a picture of the tweeter by the driver. I had to remove the trim to install the LED DRL.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jerryc41 said:
Here is a picture of the tweeter by the driver. I had to remove the trim to install the LED DRL.
Jerry, thanks for the picture. I see I'll have to make mounts to use the tweeters I have since they have a different mount. But it looks doable. - Dan
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top