Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please tell me if they notice a difference in the "sound" that the lock makes on the trunk door? Today was the first time that I've used the lock/unlock button on that door and I was surprised at the difference in the sound. Instead of the "click" the other four doors make, it's considerably louder and.....well different. Kinda hard to explain. Nissan said to bring it in, but I spoke to my salesman first and he actually went out to try another cube for me. He was surprised to see that there was a difference in that one too, but I'm hoping it's normal. Would someone please check their's for me and give me their opinion?

Thanks,

Michelle

·
Registered
315 Posts
I will have to pay closer attention to it next time I use it... I wouldn't be surprised if it is normal to be a little louder because the rear door is bigger than the other 4 so it has a larger "box" for the sound to resonate in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes sense to me, KandA. My husband also mentioned that it's likely to have less insulation than the other four doors....but he'll have a listen when he gets home. Keep me posted on yours, please!

Michelle

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much, everyone! Can't tell you have much I appreciate it! :yes:

Michelle

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep. It's louder. Noticeably so. Not tons, but there's a definite difference... so I do believe you're fine.

Got Cube?
KandA

·
Registered
253 Posts
You have to remember too, the entire lock/latch mechanism in the rear door is completely different and heavier duty than the locks in the doors. And if you listen closely, there's a slight electric motor type hum that lasts a split second after the initial "click". I never thought anything of it honestly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right. And it is something I considered, but knowing that others sound the same still makes me feel better.

Michelle

·
Registered
715 Posts
oh yeah mine is a bit loud pretty much when i unlocked the car i heard a loud "click" no biggie lol i think what gets on my nerves is when i open the door and ot goes back to me, then i push the door out again and comes back with double the force :roll: :roll:
that trunk door doesnt like to be opened haaa haaa!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine doesn't like me, either!

Again, I really appreciate this feedback everyone. Nice to know that there's somewhere we can go and ask things like this.

Michelle

·
Registered
253 Posts
damian666robin said:
what gets on my nerves is when i open the door and ot goes back to me, then i push the door out again and comes back with double the force :roll: :roll:
that trunk door doesnt like to be opened haaa haaa!
Odd... I don't have that problem. The door has two opening positions and it holds strong at both those positions for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Louder. Always has been. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts