Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi all. Been a long time. I was returning from a trip (about 120 miles round-trip), I was almost home, and I had the cruise control engaged, and we were coming into a small town and right before I tapped the brake pedal, i noticed a serious hesitation, like a surging, it was jerking the car pretty back, I turned off cruise, and came to a stop in the small town. I gave it some gas and it simply would not go, it was chugging if that makes sense. I pulled it off the road, and put it in neutral, and revved the engine, and it was fine, so maybe transmission(CVT equipped), and I turned the car off, and restarted, and it has been fine since, with no similar problems, I did not get a warning light. I did hear about some possible bad gas in the area I filled up last, and I talked to a mechanic about possible fuel filter clog, but why would the engine rev fine out of gear? Anyway, another of those items the dealer cannot replicate, so I will keep you all posted.

Have a great night!

Oh, 36k on the odometer, and still running like a champ, even with the 100+ mph break-in, ;-) yes, that was a dig against the person 3 years ago who thought it was OK to tell me how to drive my car. ;-P

·
Registered
1 Posts
:mad: You know what gets me? Being lied to-- straight in the face...

To quote Inigo Montoya: "Lemme 'splain. No. 'S too much. Lemme sum up."

My CVT was replaced last summer after several surging incidents and THREE trips to the dealer to try to replicate the problem. Finally, they admitted they had been authorized to replace it.

Guess what?
It's now almost one year later and the SAME. THING. HAPPENED. AGAIN. So, of course we took it in today, only to be told that they looked over all our paperwork from the last time, and then told, "See? Here's the computer printout. It's not throwing codes. We can't get the car to do what you said it did. You know, I totally believe you, and it probably could be a transmission issue, but until we can replicate the problem (THEY KEEP USING THAT PHRASE! WHAT IS IT WITH THAT PHRASE??) there's really nothing we can do."

I don't know what to do. I seriously wanted to throw something at somebody when we went back to pick it up.

Anybody else who has had their CVT replaced been running into the same problem again??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi everyone,
It's discouraging to see so many owners have/had issues with their Nissan CVT. Initially I was thinking only a few owners had problem but after a few years on this thread, I begin to believe it is a common issue to ALL CVT Cube/Nissan. That really concerns me as more and more Nissan are moving to CVT ex. Quest and Inf JX. My in-law has been wanting to get a new compact car and he has great interest in get a Cube but I told him to hold on until the CVT issue is fixed (really fixed).

161 - 164 of 164 Posts