Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 2010 Cube with 59,439 miles to a Nissan dealer this morning to have the CVT gearbox drained and refilled.

Noticed the round black containers they were refilling the CVT with did not look like the Nissan NS-2 CVT fluid containers in the parts department.

When I got the bill noticed the CVT fluid they used cost around $10.00 less than Nissan NS-2 CVT fluid and had a different part number than Nissan NS-2 CVT fluid.

One of the Service Writers told me they buy the NS-2 CVT fluid in bulk so it comes in different packaging.

The Service Writer who helped me said the CVT fluid cost less on my bill since they used a coupon (which I didn't know I had).

Went to the Parts Department and asked what the part number on my bill was and was told it was the part number for a CVT refill kit.

Also was unable to get any information about what the "CVT Conditioner" that cost $12.95 was.

Had expected a Nissan dealer to use Nissan NS-2 CVT fluid. Now have no idea what they put in my CVT gearbox.

The bill (with sales tax) came to $261.74

On the plus side, back in September 2021 posted about the CVT making a chugging noise when going forward. That noise when back to wherever it came from in January 2022.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later