Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rite when i wanted to have the cube ready for sema a week ahead of time a whole lot of projects poped last minute so i actually end up driving the poor cube every day before sema :D :D :D
one of these drives was going to TOKICO and have their shocks tested on the cube, the ones they make for the versa.
the test went perfect and smooth

the cube felt a lot better immediatly after the new shocks got installed, a lot less body roll, much more firm at speedy curves, and prob the best one for those like me that are runing low profile tires with big wheels: the cube doesnt hit so freaking hard the potholes and road bumps as like with the oem,s
keep in mind that using lowering springs with the oem shocks will cause to end up the life cycle of your oem shocks in an amazing speed.
my oem shocks completely blow probably a month after lowering the cube
thanks to mr. hitman in arizona for shooting me an email to make this happen with the guys from tokico

they look so good with the megan springs lol!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Nice, so what you're saying is that Tokico makes shocks and struts for a lowered Versa and they fit and work well on the cube, is this correct? If so, that's great news. - Dan

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Square1 said:
Nice, so what you're saying is that Tokico makes shocks and struts for a lowered Versa and they fit and work well on the cube, is this correct? If so, that's great news. - Dan
:yes: :yes: :yes: yeap yes sir
this will work great for lowered cubes, the technichian that did the test and fit told me something like the cube is much more lower on the back than the versa, he said almost a full inch but he also said it truly doesnt matter, as a matter of fact is better for the tokico shocks to perform better.
because of the diference in strokes that was close to an inch he said they wont work on cubes with oem springs, he told me they will work but you will hear like a clacking noise in the back because of the diference in strokes.

my ride to vegas was the perfect test and let me tell you, the cube feels like im riding on stock wheels but still more firmer, they are a perfect complement for the megan springs

·
Registered
839 Posts
Damien,

What part numbers do I need to get. I'm going to use Megan springs. - Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: TOKICO suspension sho

what does the warning sticker on the shock say? i can see... "destroy the seal and void the warranty".
and in the 4th picture is your liner cut out or did the tire rub a hole in it?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: TOKICO suspension sho

Bagged Cube said:
what does the warning sticker on the shock say? i can see... "destroy the seal and void the warranty".
and in the 4th picture is your liner cut out or did the tire rub a hole in it?
i think it says if you remove the top seal you will void the warranty, i think is like if you will have the nerve to open the chamber and screw around with it lol!
the only place i cut some plastic off the liner is around the NST pulley so you can see it but other than that i havnt cut or rub with the tires

since the tokico guys themselves did the installation i havnt play around with thems at all other than just taking pics

·
Registered
690 Posts
nice work on the Cube, Damian! as i said earlier...your cube has been a rolling test-bed for others. i like the contast of the shocks and the megans too! keep on keepin on!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not trying to be a bubble buster but it looked like the rear spring is misaligned. You might need to take it in and get it checked. It is in the third pic down, top of the spring.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
peteehoward said:
Not trying to be a bubble buster but it looked like the rear spring is misaligned. You might need to take it in and get it checked. It is in the third pic down, top of the spring.

nah it bends down when i lift the cube up and it goes back on position when i put the cube down again, i do check on it eveytime i lift the cube up it doesnt look right for some reazon so i always check and inspect to see if its rite but once i lower it it goes back to normal position...

·
Registered
24 Posts
damian666robin said:
peteehoward said:

nah it bends down when i lift the cube up and it goes back on position when i put the cube down again, i do check on it eveytime i lift the cube up it doesnt look right for some reazon so i always check and inspect to see if its rite but once i lower it it goes back to normal position...
Ok cool i just wanted to make sure that you were safe. i have seen a car that lost a spring after getting a lowering kit on it... the car didnt survive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts