Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, not exactly sure if this is where I should post this but here goes.

So I went in for a standard tire rotation (no indicator lights on aside from the low tire pressure) and came out with a broken speedometer resting at zero while driving (but will shoot up during starting up the engine), ABS sensor lit, and Traction control light on. I had a diagnostic done and the mechanic said the speed sensor must have been damaged during the rotation. Can someone please explain specifically to me how this damaged speed sensor could have happen or how its possible?

·
Registered
15 Posts
technician probably damaged it, most likely cutting corners using an impact wrench to loosen and torque the wheels instead of breaker bar and proper torque wrench. Over torquing the lug nuts can lead to described issues. If you they haven't removed all or any wheels since rotation I would check to see if the rest of your lug nuts have the proper torque specs(yourself or by a different shop), if they are all over torqued I would go back to the shop that did the rotation and raise **** for them to fix the issue .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't understand how this could happen but I had a similar problem four months ago. The speedometer was showing a hell of a lot of wrong numbers, and it was upsetting. My friend recommended that I sell this car for spare parts to get as much money as possible until this vehicle completely falls apart. On the Internet, I found a great service that sells cars to real buyers for good money. Thanks to the best site about vehicle removal service, I was able to sell my old car and buy a new one, thus avoiding further problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't understand how this could happen but I had a similar problem four months ago. The speedometer was showing a hell of a lot of wrong numbers, and it was upsetting. My friend recommended that I sell this car for spare parts to get as much money as possible until this vehicle completely falls apart. On the Internet, I found a great service that sells cars to real buyers for good money. Thanks to the best site about vehicle removal service, I was able to sell my old car and buy a new one, thus avoiding further problems
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts