Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the state of IL you can either leave the factory tint in the rear and put 50% tint on the front doors or go as dark a tint you want but leave the fronts untinted.

What should I do?

Was thinking of doing limo in the rear to make the graphic on the side pop more however would it look funny to be really dark in the rear with nothing up front?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: Tint Dilemma

Q!Cube said:
So in the state of IL you can either leave the factory tint in the rear and put 50% tint on the front doors or go as dark a tint you want but leave the fronts untinted.

What should I do?

Was thinking of doing limo in the rear to make the graphic on the side pop more however would it look funny to be really dark in the rear with nothing up front?
I ended up tinting the fronts 35% on my Cube (that's what's legal in TN). However, I'm pretty sure CA also mandates 50% max on the front doors and I was never hassled with 35%.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I think it's best that you go with the 50% up front...it will look better.

I did 30% in the front, which is 5% darker than the legal limit. Still better than the 20% that some do here and get away with!

But if you go really dark in the back with clear windows in the front, I think it will look off.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for everyone's reply...I just got back home and dropped it off first thing this morning so was unable to see your opinions but I ended up doing the least popular choice and put the limo tint on the rears.

In the end I did this just to have more privacy once I add the subwoofer and box installation to the rear cargo area.

It also makes the graphic on the side pop which is really great.

Although not legal, I am going to do a very light tint up front anyhow...something like a 75% to have something up front but to also have tint in case of an unfortunate accident. It will help prevent the glass from shattering so really the fronts will only have film on them for a safety perspective (let's hope I never need to have it be used for this purpose).

All in all I am happy with it and will make me feel safer once all my stereo components are installed next week.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

BentoBox said:
what % is our rear tint? 20 or 35?
I believe the rears are 35 from the factory. In IL with the rears we are not allowed to go darker than 50 and once we darken the rears further nothing is allowed up front.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Q!Cube said:
BentoBox said:
I believe the rears are 35 from the factory. In IL with the rears we are not allowed to go darker than 50 and once we darken the rears further nothing is allowed up front.
The rear windows are closer to 20. I have 35 on my front doors and the rears are definitely darker.

·
Registered
200 Posts

schtebie said:
Q!Cube said:
BentoBox said:
The rear windows are closer to 20. I have 35 on my front doors and the rears are definitely darker.
Any pics? Hm I might go with 30% then If it's available though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rears for the cube is 20%; however, my tint guy told me that the factory tints are never the same as aftermarket - the color and % are different. It may even be 25% in the rears.

I tinted my front 30% and I like the overall look. I have dark interior so that also helps.

The limo tint looks good, can you post back here how the view is in the dark?

Also, when you say limo tint, do you mean 5%, and that's on top of the factory tinted windows?? That's pretty dark!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah its 5 on top of it. Hard to see inside but its not too bad looking out during the day so far.

Did you want pics from the inside looking out at night?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after driving in the evening a few days now I can say the view is fairly limited. i took pictures with my iphone and its just a black screen however I have not taken the camera down for pictures.

i am still trying to adjust to how dark it is but i am def happy with it. it is very difficult to see in the rear which is what will be best once everything is installed.

installation is a week away for my sub amp, sub and box. cant wait!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts