Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you I decided I just didn't like the yolk look of the turn signals. But unlike most I didn't get the chrome coated amber bulbs. Instead I opted fot the Sylvania Osram Diadem bulbs. They're actually clear bulbs with a coating that makes them look kinda like a pearl. When installed they give off a bluish hint but glow a bright amber when on. I really like the look. Best part was I bought them brand new (6 bulbs) from a guy on eBay for $5.00 ($10.00 with shipping), and the price is on the packaging of $20.90 for 2 bulbs. Now I'm just waiting for the arrival of my interior LED's. - Dan

Bulbs

Before

After

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChristineK said:
Looks good and nice price too.
Thanks Christine, I'm somewhat of a FleaBay nut case and am alway's looking for good deals. I used to sell quite a bit of custom built computers untill it got to the point where I couldn't build them and compete with the major manufactures super low prices. So now I mostly shop and occassionally sell a few things. - Dan

·
Registered
222 Posts
Philips Silver Visions are virtually identical to the Osram bulbs you bought. They aren't chrome...there is just a pearl-like coating over a clear bulb.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
InYubaSha said:
model #'s for both please, can't find on ebay
The Osram PN is PY21W-7507LDA, the PY21W or the 7507 numbers each by themselves should pull up bulbs from a variety of manufactures. They all pretty much use the same number scheme.

The one's I bought from fleabay wasn't advertised using either number, they were advertised as BMW bulbs. Some how I just stumbled upon them. - Dan

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi there do you have the e-bay seller information you bought the bulbs from? :roll:

if so please post for us fellow cubers... big thanks..... nice look really like it

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TropicalCube said:
Hi there do you have the e-bay seller information you bought the bulbs from? :roll:

if so please post for us fellow cubers... big thanks..... nice look really like it
I would love to provide you with this info but don't think it will do any good. I looked at the other items this seller has listed and had sold in the past. These bulbs I got were pretty much a one time type of listing for him. He isn't a seller who specializes in bulb sales. - Dan

·
Registered
671 Posts
Square1 said:
TropicalCube said:

I would love to provide you with this info but don't think it will do any good. I looked at the other items this seller has listed and had sold in the past. These bulbs I got were pretty much a one time type of listing for him. He isn't a seller who specializes in bulb sales. - Dan
I can see the blue tinted bulbs working well on blue cars especially, and perhaps also on black judging from your photo. But I think it's very much a question of personal taste and the paint color. I just couldn't get comfortable with a blue tinted bulb and my white -- but that's just me.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TrevorS said:
Square1 said:
TropicalCube said:

I can see the blue tinted bulbs working well on blue cars especially, and perhaps also on black judging from your photo. But I think it's very much a question of personal taste and the paint color. I just couldn't get comfortable with a blue tinted bulb and my white -- but that's just me.
Well I was actually going for the clear look like the chrome bulbs give. But since these bulbs were at such a great price I thought I'd give them a shot. Now that they're installed I've grown to really like them. Depending on the viewing angle they will either look clear, or slightly bluish, or slightly amber. Kinda tricky. - Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts