Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Element since new and have 72k on it and my wife and I love the car. The reason we are thinking about getting a cube is its something fresh and new, love the looks, better fuel economy, rear view camera would be great for parking and the auto ac is great because its always a constant struggle to find the right temp for the both of us with a turn nob. The ONLY concern I have is I like the look of the light gray interior better than the black but we have a 3 yo daughter that cold ruin that real fast. The black is ok but everyone on here seems to say that the lint is a problem. Also the fabric does feel cheap and seems like it would wear through quickly. So I dont know what to do.

Do anyof you have the black interior and find it to not be a problem? Aftermarket seat covers are not an option for me because I hate the way that looks! Is the lint really that bad??

Oh by the way my name's Ryan! Hi!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I don't have a problem with the dark interior, except when I visit someone's house who has a white cat. Then I get white cat hairs on the seat, but it's not a deal breaker. The Cube is a blast to drive! It handles great, gets good MPG and the style gets people talking to me - about as much as my last BMW!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Good to know that its not a big issue to you. Maybe I'll just invest in a small hand held vac to help me clean it out. Do you think the interior gets really hot in the summer with all that black?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I haven't noticed the interior getting any hotter than other cars I've owned, but I usually own darker colored cars. Perhaps a white Cube owner can chime in. I do appreciate that cloth is better to sit on than leather in the summer!

As for the lint or light hairs, they usually come off when I vacuum the car out (which I haven't done in about 3 months - and there aren't enough hairs to bother me). It never gets as bad as my black wool coat, which acts like a static charged air filter... I have hairs, lint, dust, etc, and am constantly picking stuff off it. You'd think I was Monk!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I actually really love the material used for the seats. I find it much easier to clean than some other interiors I have had. I actually have a cat as well and definitely get some of her hair caught in the chair but its nothing a simple lint roller hasn't been able to handle.

As far as heat is concerned...I have had many a black interior and never thought it was "hotter" than the other interiors I have had in other cars.

All in all I would say take the dive...you won't regret it.

My only concern with the interior is that the flooring in the Cube is not a real carpeting so I will be curious to see how it cleans up after the winter months are over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts