Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i looked at the 3 piece T-Rex mesh grill/ bumper kit that is installed on damian666robin Cube, Here is the link

http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=1694.0

They look real good so i contacted Mark who is the Manager at T-rex grill and he told me the cost for the 3 piece T-Rex mesh grill/ bumper kit is $360+tax+shipping. Which will end up being $400+.

IMO,they are too expensive. Is there somewhere else I can find something similar for a lower price?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I don't know if I have the skillz to do that good of a job ( I doubt it) with glass and Bondo. Maybe if I could take it to a shop for the paint.

·
Registered
930 Posts
fiberglass and bondo

the radiator is lower than the top grille. its purely cosmetic and doesnt actually cool the radiator.
[/quote]

randode,

The upper grill is just supposed to help bring in air to the fan and intake box. At least the way the krom grill is designed the air comes in and flows down.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Chompsticks said:
randode said:
fiberglass and bondo

the radiator is lower than the top grille. its purely cosmetic and doesnt actually cool the radiator.
randode,

The upper grill is just supposed to help bring in air to the fan and intake box. At least the way the krom grill is designed the air comes in and flows down.
I agree, the air does enter and then flow down under compressive pressure from the upper grill vents. In flowing down it does indeed help with radiator cooling (the fan is behind the radiator), most definitely not purely cosmetic. That mod is probably safe in cooler environments, but in areas that can get pretty warm at times of the year, it could result in overheating.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think it would be much like tapping the grill in NASCAR. While air will get in there would be less with this mod (good looking however).

Pejay66

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been noodling the idea of pulling the stock SL grill...Dremel tooling out the middle of the grill...and put steel mesh in the "hole" behind the hole...then painting the whole thing gold. I think it is doable...doesn't require much cost. How does THAT sound?

·
Registered
981 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts