Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer loaned us a Cube for the weekend. Had 10 miles on it.

Drove it out of the parking lot to the stop light and immediately noticed steering wheel shimmy when braking. ??? Just like warped rotors or problems with wheels or tires. Just kept on going to see what else would crop up.

Got it home and opened the drivers side door and noticed illuminated door sill not working. :-\ Passenger side worked fine.

Put 200 miles on car and shimmey was still present when returned to dealer. I mentioned both problems to salesman. Naturally he said any probelms they'll make right....sure, but a car with 10 miles on it shouldn't have any problems....especially obvious ones. This particular car is not the one we are buying, but before I take delivery of anything there better not be any problems.

Aside from these two issues, the wife and I liked the car. Like the styling. Decent ride and pretty comfy. Wind noise is there, but not as bad as I was expecting (it's a box! what do you expect?) Adequate power with CVT for two passengers. Seems to be well constructed. Feels like door skins are stiffer/thicker than those on the Scion XB. Really like the side swing cargo door....my wife is undertall ;D, so reaching up for a swing up hatch was a problem.

Gripes: No pass side arm rest is stupid design flaw, as is the useless sunvisors. Cargo organizer is a joke (cheap flimsy plastic and beaded foam??...Come on Nissan!). Could be some more useable cubbies...how many drink holders does this thing need!? With little effort by Nissan, the spare could be stored inside with a floor that levels to the seats.

I feel dealer has been aggressive with pricing. They have located me a car and should have it by the weekend...We"ll see....better not be any shimmy!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i think you hit most of the gripes with the car on the head.

BUT

once you own, you will over look most of them.

i think most people here will say the good out weighs the bad.

it just looks too cool too :yes:

oh and a fix for most of them should be available soon.. stay tuned :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
the wheel shimmy problem is disconcerting, but i haven't seen anyone else mention it...so perhaps it was a fluke with the car you drove. i too am surprised the dealer loaned you the car for so long; they must be very desperate to make a sale.

·
2,084 Posts
none said:
homeline said:
Put 200 miles on car
Let me get this straight: a dealer loaned you a car for the entire weekend, and allowed you to put 200 miles on it?
The problem with the rotors is a know Nissan issue, I have it with my Titan in just 20K miles. New rotors and its gone.

I am also surprised they let you pull the take it home for the weekend trick as this car sells itself. He must be in a very depressed area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep..surprised me too. They didn't bat an eye either when I asked. No strings attached.

Here is what we agreed on:
White or Silver w/ light gray interior

SL model
SL Prefered Pkg
Splash guards
Int design Pkg.
It listed for $19490

$15K out the door. That includes the $4500 CFC rebate, $250 transport fee (within a certian radius) and all taxes (@ 6.5%), doc fees and plate transfer. I didn't think that was too bad.

They are trying to find one for me. Thought they had one, but it fell through. Might have to take a few extra options we don't want (cargo organizer, lighting pkg,etc) for some extra $$ (as yet to be determined) OR spend that $$ toward extra transport fees if they find one further out.

Hope it will pan out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
homeline said:
Here is what we agreed on:
White or Silver w/ light gray interior

SL model
SL Prefered Pkg
Splash guards
Int design Pkg.
It listed for $19490

I've been told the big cavet in this equation is the SL Prefered Pkg. Seems it's very popular, and dealers tend to load these cars up with all the hooters and bells.

We'd like to have the better stereo, intelligent key and fog lamps. I know fog lamps can be added later, but are the other two features worth it?? I ask because dealer has found some SL's with out the prefered pkg.

·
Registered
270 Posts
homeline said:
We'd like to have the better stereo, intelligent key and fog lamps. I know fog lamps can be added later, but are the other two features worth it??
Absolutely. The stereo and key (rather the lack of a key) are both extremely worth the money. Never having to fish out a real key to get in or start the car is about the best thing since sliced bread. The auto a/c included on the SL is awesome second place.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
140 Posts
homeline said:
tbone13 said:
oh and a fix for most of them should be available soon.. stay tuned :)
Care to share with the class?! :) Know something we don't???
no insider info here ;)

im just saying that the aftermarket as well as crafty cube owners will figure out a way to solve all of the little problems.

im waiting on the center arm rest console cubby being tested out by fomomoto. he's holding out on us ;)

hopefully his testing will be done soon.

happy cubing!

·
Registered
179 Posts
none said:
homeline said:
Put 200 miles on car
Let me get this straight: a dealer loaned you a car for the entire weekend, and allowed you to put 200 miles on it?
I had the same thing happen years ago. They took a copy of my drivers license and I had the vehicle from Friday evening to Monday morning. I actually wanted to buy it but when I returned it Monday they told me someone else that had previously driven it committed to buy it. Oh well I had a free ride for a weekend and didn't even have to put fuel back in it. :yes: Go figure. Must just be my honest face. :no: 8)

·
Registered
929 Posts
homeline said:
That includes the $4500 CFC rebate
You are aware that the CARS money is not a "rebate", right? That is money taken from me & my neighbors... without our consent (aka - stealing).

·
Registered
124 Posts
It also vanished in about a week. They just passed another billion dollars or something, but that will probably be gone just as fast.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Okay, the site owner has spoken.

Let this post be the final political post on this thread.

Don't mention CARS from now on: -------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The sage continues.....they have found another car but it has the lighting design pkg. It lists for $490 and invoice is $408.

I told them I'd take it if they can get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well...it all paned out! Drove our (read wifes) new Cube home last night!

Found what we liked, but had to take the $490 lighting pkg, which they knocked down to $408.

Here's how it worked out:
Silver & light gray
SL trim
SL Prefered
Int Pkg
Splash Guards
Lighting Pkg

Listed for $19980. You can juggle the numbers many ways, but it looks like they knocked it down to around +/- $18700 + tax and various fees. $19934.52 total, deduct the $4500 rebate and you can figure out the rest.

May not have been a steal, but I thought it was a fair deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts