Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Tanabe Strut Towerbar on the Man Cube. Looks good and I honestly noticed a slight difference in handling directly after installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
good stuff... I wonder if people who lift the car when they install these things. According to Tanabe you should lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can only speak from my own experience. I lifted the front end (from the center) before I tightened everything up.
I could tell a difference before I even cranked the car. When I sat down in the car I could feel the stiffness of the suspension. When I rounded a sharp curve it did not lean nearly as much.
There was no need for sensitivity, or imagination. It changed enough to surprize me :eek:.

·
Registered
175 Posts
relicxdude said:
I can only speak from my own experience. I lifted the front end (from the center) before I tightened everything up.
I could tell a difference before I even cranked the car. When I sat down in the car I could feel the stiffness of the suspension. When I rounded a sharp curve it did not lean nearly as much.
There was no need for sensitivity, or imagination. It changed enough to surprize me :eek:.
I think its all in your head, because a strut tower bar doesn't affect the suspension the way you are claiming it to have. A strut tower bar stiffens the chassis, so that the suspension can react as it was designed without flexing.... the leaning or swaying would be affected by spring rate and the sway bars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe it is all in my head ???. But that is what happiness is ..... In your head ;D
Works for me :yes:. Anyway, it did what I wanted it to do, and that's good enough ;).

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just test drove with a new Tanabe Strut-Tower-Brace today and I'm satisfied with the purchase. It's not an overwhelming difference like installing lowering springs or an anti-sway bar, but it none-the-less improved my driving experience. My impressions are that it reduced road wander while driving straight, and provided greater directional stability generally (turns, etc.). I'm pleased with my purchase and I applied preload with both front wheels suspended from a single center-front jacking point. However, if you're really just a point-A to point-B person, it probably isn't a good investment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered one. I heard you have to shave the hood prop? Is that true?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts