Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
wil yes but i like the cube! and just bcuz is a cube it dont has to be slow i had so many fast nissans but the cube is so fun

·
Registered
23 Posts
i agree, it is a fun vehicle. we have the stillen intake and exhaust on ours. really woke it up from the stock form. but you have to remember, "NOS" is a brand name, actually, it is an abbreviation of a brand name. "nos" is Nitous Oxide Systems. Nitrous has been been used for many, many years. but the term "NOS" did not become popular till fast & the furious. and coming from someone that loves street rods, muscle cars, drag cars, drag bikes, and imports, it just shows age more than anything. if i had a dollar for every time i heard "NOS" since that movie came out, i could retire

·
Registered
105 Posts
u right! i have a nx kit on my .but yeah the have to many kit for the z12 in japan but the price is crazy so i just got the oem one

·
Registered
105 Posts
sorry dont have facebook but i like the kit i think is more then 2000 for it and i think you can put dual pipe in the rear but jdm cube dont have spare tire under the car like the us

·
Registered
23 Posts
well thanks for the support. i'm not sure what the oem nitrous kit is, but i like the sound of it as long as your not going over a 75 shot on a wet system. thats all it can safely handle in stock form and last

·
Registered
105 Posts
am just doing 50 wet on a NX kit . i was talking about i have a oem lip kit not oem nos kit lol i really like the jdm kit but the problem the most people the have cube dont care bcuz is to much money nissan is not making 2013 cube no more bcuz people are not buying cube is a fun car to bad people dont want to have one , i have a jdm impul sc for 1.5 the am trying to make it fit on my 1.8 us cube am working and adapter for the intake to make it fit on a 1.8 block

·
Registered
105 Posts
am in us the cube is not coming for 2013 i got a lot of friends in a nissan dealer i was a mechanic for nissan be for so they told me that bcuz the sells,not a lot of people are buy in the cube

·
Registered
686 Posts
NAPA stores have their synthetic oil on sale ($3.49) until the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
tomcj2 said:
NAPA stores have their synthetic oil on sale ($3.49) until the end of the month.
Good tip. I'll have to look into it as I wanna switch over and I'm almost due for an oil change.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aka Roller Toaster said:
Synthetic oil is and always will beat dino oil hands down.
Not having the fight so this is all I'm saying about it.

I personally have ran valvoline full synthetic since 2200 miles (just when I finally had it changed out) not to mention valvoline gives a 300,000 mile engine warranty if you follow their strict oil change policy. I change my synthetic oil between 3750 and 4000 miles ( 4000 is the max allowed for valvolines warranty). Since my dealer does free oil changes for life, its all of $16 to upgrade to the good stuff. Can't beat the price imo.
Lol too bad the CVT wont last that long. At least in my car 300,000 miles. I plan to get rid of this CUBE the minute it is paid off. Not that I do not like the car but because I just do not trust the CVT past warranty. Onto the oil, Im pissed because my dealer told me the day I purchased the vehicle brand new that for my term of ownership I would get $19.99 oil changes at there service center. Now I am at 7500 miles and need to get the maint done and I am pissed to find out that it is $140.00 for a oil change tire rotation and brake adjustment. I feel this is stupid and am going to pass on this. I will take the car to my mechanic that has done work for me for the last 8 years on my old car and get a $19.99 dino oil change and have him do a free brake inspection. I will then rotate my tires my self in my driveway.

I feel that I was lied to about the $19.99 oil change at the dealer. They did say that as I was signing my name to the deal. Now they are telling me no one there would ever say that. Feeling dooped. $140.00 5 months after I bought the car. Then they tell me that at 15k miles it needs $240.00 in maint. Im glad. My old for contour nickled and dimed me like this. This is a brand new car yet every 5 months or so according to Nissan I must drop a few hundred. I dont think so. This will be my last Nissan because so far I feel lied to about the service and also. My CVT freaks me out at the thought of driving past 120,000. Sorry to sound like a cry baby.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Most car dealer make their money from maintenance and parts. Have you checked how much they charge per hour? A 19.99 oil change plus maybe a hour of time well you may got nearly the 140 they charged you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
D3stro said:
Most car dealer make their money from maintenance and parts. Have you checked how much they charge per hour? A 19.99 oil change plus maybe a hour of time well you may got nearly the 140 they charged you.
Possibly I asked the guy on the phone what the oil change and tire rotation would cost me and he said $54.00 out the door. The recommended stuff he said they were going to do would tie the car up in the shop for 1 hour. But with that 1 hour now not needed because I will pass on the break adjustment. Took the cost from $140.00 to $54.00 for the rotation and oil. The breaks are just as good as when it was new. When it starts to pull to one side or grind or just get a mushy pedal then I will worry about the brakes. Speaking of that has any of you bought break pads from auto zone or Napa for this car yet? What is the cost? Has anyone rebuilt their drums yet???

21 - 35 of 35 Posts