Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read on this board, the blue wire to the right is the Speed Senspor wire, correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
JerryC....

Yes, that looks like it.
Two rows of 9 smaller pins (with big ones on either end), and pin 18 on the botttom right should be a blue wire with an 8 pulse speed signal on it.

Cheers!

Dang

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the adaptor plug that connects to the factory plug pictured above. That Cube blue wire connects to a yellow wire - constant 12v. It's the power for the clock, etc., - always on.

So, where do you think I can find the speed sensor wire?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it! Courtesy of Crutchfield. Te thicker blue wire on the end is not the speed sensor. The sensor wire is on the opposite end of the plug. When the adaptor connects to it, there is no contact on the adaptor for this wire. It would go to the speed sensor circuit on the factory radio - to control volume at speed

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a picture with a caption. I don't know what happened to the caption the first time. Let's see if it works now.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Jerry,

Is the thin blue wire in the picture you posted the speed sensor wire? I'm am installing a AVIC-Z110BT in my cube some time this week and might have a few questions for you, if you don't mind? ;D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. It's the lowest wire I have pulled down in a curve from the large white plug - blue with a coiuple of silver marks.

That wire apparently tells the GPS how fast the car is going, and it is also part of a lock-out system for the GPS and DVD player. I tried to bypass the DVD safety feature by grounding the parking brake wire. That worked fine - if the car was not moving. As soon as it gets some speed, it cuts out the DVD picture, and it won't let you enter an address for the GPS. I've heard that grounding the speed wire will let DVDs play all the time, but it will mess up the GPS.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Are you installing XM and the backup camera? They both work very well. I don't know about your head unit, but mine has no remote control, and the clock display is pathetic - very small.

Jerry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the help Jerry.
How did you go about connecting the speed sensor wire to the HU? Did you clip the wire from the harness or use the red clamps to connect them together?
After some searching online I found bypass for the Z110-BT that will allow me to watch DVD's and have use of the speed sensor monitor.
No XM or back up camera as of now, but that could change in the future.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whenever I tap into a wire, I strip off some insulation, wrap the new wire around the car's wire, solder the connection, and then tape it. If possible, I will use heat-shrink tubing (my first choice).

Can you send me the link for the bypass?

Pioneer has two different backup cameras. The more expensive one is adjustable in terms of what you see on the screen - although I haven't done the adjustments yet. It has horizontal and vertical lines showing the path of the car and 3" and 6" markers. Great in the dark, and you can turn it on while you're driving. I put a beeper on my other car, and I'm used to having a warning when backing up.

Jerry

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I'm surprised he doesn't say what he is actually doing by rerouting those wires. I would think it would affect something else - probably GPS(?).

Jerry

·
Registered
103 Posts
jerryc41 said:
Thanks. I'm surprised he doesn't say what he is actually doing by rerouting those wires. I would think it would affect something else - probably GPS(?).

Jerry
From what I read on another forum, none of the other functions were affected. The bypass simply allowed you to have full access of the HU while driving.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let us know how it works out. That comes with GPS built in, right? Ordinarily, when the car is moving, you cannot enter an address.

Jerry

·
Registered
103 Posts
jerryc41 said:
Let us know how it works out. That comes with GPS built in, right? Ordinarily, when the car is moving, you cannot enter an address.

Jerry
Yes, the GPS is built in. I hope to have everything installed over the weekend. I'll post an update and let everyone know how it worked out.

Thanks for the help! ;D

Vince

1 - 15 of 15 Posts