Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sound system is in the middle of a face lift :) :)
new fiberglass woofer box with a 3rd rockford fosgate woofer, i have on order also two more amps one more for the new woofer and another one for the 4 speakers both from the PRIME line of rockford so all 3 amps will match, also new yellow optima battery and some dynamat on the way for all 4 doors, i,ll post new stuff once is all done

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D :D :D
thanks guys
the box is only slightly bigger than the old regular one since the woofers are 10" but yeah once is all done is gonna be fully bump and show in the trunk with an arc shape behind the woofer box made with the amps, is gonna be wrapped in carbon fiber fabric so is gonna look pretty sweet once is all done

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks really good ... love the shape of the enclosure. I will be curious to see the amp rack once complete. Lookin' great so far though

·
Registered
27 Posts
So you're running three subs off two different amps?!? Have you run this type of setup before? These setups run into phasing issues and that's even when you have the same amps with the same loads.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah one amp for 2 woofer,s and the new amp for the new woofer
the new woofer will be fed with the new amp but i will have to adjust the power to barely none since its a very powerful amp.
the one i currently have feds both woofers with leftover power
i used to have a set up very similar before, even the fiberglass box was close to this one but it was for 3 woofers 12"
each was run with a momo amp and it used to sound crazy

·
Registered
103 Posts
damian666robin said:
yeah one amp for 2 woofer,s and the new amp for the new woofer
the new woofer will be fed with the new amp but i will have to adjust the power to barely none since its a very powerful amp.
the one i currently have feds both woofers with leftover power
i used to have a set up very similar before, even the fiberglass box was close to this one but it was for 3 woofers 12"
each was run with a momo amp and it used to sound crazy

Any plans on upgrading the alternator?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shouldnt be need it at all
just upgrading the oem battery for a yellow top optima and that should do it, upgrading the alternator actually may line up to a bunch of unnecessary ups and downs that i experience before :(

i wanted to have the most car safe sound equipment a while back ago so ended up with double battery,s on my car and that was a recomendation from AL&ED,s
well i blow my alternator i ruined my starter and burn the fuse box entirely and tha was all because i wanted to run a safe sound...mean while my friend had his roll of woofers on his chevy s10
he had 4 woofers all jl audio in 12" 3 amps two for the woofers and one for speakers all this with only his single oem battery i remember it was actually smaller than the oem battery that the cube comes with he never had a problem he never had an issue....a year later he sold the s10 truck he removed the sound and still never had a problem with it

dont believe half of the stuff sound shops tell you because in most cases all they want is make money off you
like those so called capacitors....big money waste ever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts