Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and talked to the dealership again and it looks like this thing is going to start out around 16 G's......thats a little out of my price range really. I was thinking it would be around 10 for a totally stripped down model like the versa is doing. anyone hear anything different?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There hands are a little tied, due to the falling Dollar/Yen ratio. Check out the thread "Open letter to NissanUSA". And the yen is down again today. When the ratio was 100 Yen to the Dollar, a $14K-ish decently optioned Cube was possible. Now, the Yen is only 88 to the dollar; each time the Yen drops one more, the cost of a Cube has to go up about $170. I am also hoping for a "stripper" Cube, but that stripper Versa doesn't even some with a dome light or air conditioning!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i knew no A/C but no dome light?!? well i would still be happy with no A/C on one, might make it more of a track cube ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't expect this to be priced any lower than $14k like the first xB. Nissan would make no money on a stripped down version of this in the US.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well they need to rethink some things then.....like maybe where they make them. they are messing up making them so expensive, they will end up like the PT cruiser.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its competition, namely the xB and Mini, are doing pretty good. This is not a basic econobox, that's what the Versa is for in the US.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I rented a Toyota Yaris this weekend, and now I'm rethinking that I might buy a "stripper" version on a Cube. The Yaris was the worst car I've ever driven, more Yugo than Toyota. And although I haven't looked at the stripper version of the Versa, I'm thinking it is a lot like the Yaris. An extra $2500 in options would be less than $50 a month in payments.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The other Car I have seriously considered is a Scion xD. At $15,970 W/ Auto-A/C-Cruise-P/S,P/B,P/W-MP3 & IPod ready stereo, how far off that price target can Nissan be with this car? I know I'll pay ~ $1,500 for the nicer interior & greater style of the Cube. Also ares all you other potential buyers planning on buying the first no matter what. . . or waiting a month or so to see if Nissan is having an across the lineup discount financing or rebate deal?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The first ones will likely sell for a couple of thousand over list. A month or two later and they will be at list. A month or two after that, and they'll probably be offering discounts. My guess, anyway. Any I'll willing to wait a couple of months to save a couple of thousand. However, I'll be buying through Costco, and they might have a good deal right from the beginning.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unless they do a good military discount I'm out. going with a minivan, lol......really. and I'm single, no kids....I dont know why i want one either, just to haul my BMX bike around really.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:) You guy's Stop!!!!!!! :( This Cube is going to be totally affordable... On my inventory I have them starting at $13990 and going all the way up to $19360 for the Krom...I will have a price range for everyone...Let me know what you guy's want and I can get it for you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
MasterKC said:
However, I'll be buying through Costco, and they might have a good deal right from the beginning.
No Costco pricing on any new Cubes for awhile. New vehicle roll-outs don't qualify. If you can wait, do it. Otherwise, be willing to pay a big premium.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts