Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

How smooth is the ride on your Cube?

Mine has a constant vibration when going down the road. I have got the tires balanced twice at Walmart and it hasn't fixed the issue. The car only has 3000 miles on it.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

·
Registered
315 Posts
the problem might be that you are having your tires balanced at walmart? I'm not one to knock walmart, I shop there all the time, but on several occasions, I have had issues with their car care department. Unbalanced tires was one of them.

Other than unbalanced tires, there might be an issue with the tires itself... but again, when they balance the tires they should notice if anything is wrong with the tire itself.

I personally have a very smooth ride in my cube. If I were in your shoes, I would call or email the Nissan dealer and ask for their input. Vibrations can have many causes... suspension, springs, shock absorbers, you name it. Anything to do with the wheels at all can cause that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Walmart sucks.

I'll take it to my Nissan dealer next week. I have to take it in to get the door handles replaced anyway.

Maybe they can drive it and tell me what's wrong? There shouldn't be anything too major. My car only had 3000 miles on it.

I wonder how much they will charge me to fix the problem?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Your car is still under warranty including the tires so shouldn't be any cost to you. Just make sure to NOT tell them you have took your car to Walmart for tire work.

Let us know how it goes at the dealer.

·
2,084 Posts
They may notice if they see non Nissan standard weights on the wheels.

I am surprised you had to get them balanced already, I have 11K on my ride with no issues yet in the wheel and tire department.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It was kinda nice out yesterday so I went cruising around. I rolled down my back windows for a bit and it sounded like a freaking helicopter was chasing me. Is that normal for the Cubes? I've only had mine alittle over a month so it's the first nice day I've had since taking possession. Balancing issues for me too? Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Smooth & quiet (except when the wind blows out of Canada and is only slowed down by a barbed wire fence somewhere north of Amarillo).

·
Registered
253 Posts
It was kinda nice out yesterday so I went cruising around. I rolled down my back windows for a bit and it sounded like a freaking helicopter was chasing me. Is that normal for the Cubes? I've only had mine alittle over a month so it's the first nice day I've had since taking possession. Balancing issues for me too? Thanks
That's typical of ALL cars that have rear windows that roll down. It's an effect very similar to how a pipe organ pipe operates. Kinda like blowing over the top of a coke bottle.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It was kinda nice out yesterday so I went cruising around. I rolled down my back windows for a bit and it sounded like a freaking helicopter was chasing me. Is that normal for the Cubes?
That's called wind buffeting and it occurs in many vehicles because of their shape. The only way to stop or reduce it is to slightly open a front window. Aloha, Dano

·
Registered
839 Posts
never remembered my Focus 4door doing that but I sold it 2 years ago.
My Focus was a ZX3 and it didn't do it and my son's Focus was a sedan and it didn't do it either. But my truck was an 06 Nissan Crew cab and it buffeted bad with just the back windows down. Just some body shapes have this issue.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My 05 Chevy Cobalt turned into a helicopter... so does my 20 JAg X-type... the F350 Super Duty and the Chevy silverado work trucks do it, too... it's pretty common. If it happens, change the airflow around/in your car by changing how far and which windows are open.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would venture to say the Cube is the smoothest riding small car on the market today. It may have some weaknesses, but smoothness is not one of them. If you have any problems with the service dept., then maybe you can convince them to go for a test drive with you in one on the lot. Sometimes pictures accomplish more than words. ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have to agree with Relic and others, at least from my experience my Cube has an awesome ride. I even commented to my wife today how impressed I am with the Cubes ride comfort. True, it isn't exactly a Lincoln Town Car, but for a small car, especially one with such a short wheel base and it's rear tires way out back, it rides GREAT.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A few years ago, the wife and I bought a used Jaguar. Mainly because of the comfort level. My wife has slipped discs in her back and has hip joint issues. Ride comfort is therefore very important. When it came to ride comfort, she felt (and I tend to agree) that we are making a lateral comfort move with the cube. So yeah... it's a smooth ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased my Cube about a month ago and currently have 500 miles on it. I am having the same vibration problem with my Cube. I am not getting vibration in my steering wheel but rather my seat. I have not taken the car back to the dealer yet as I did not know if the Cube was supposed to ride rough or it was just me. From what I have read above, I should be getting a smooth ride with my Cube. I am concerned that the problem might be something else other than tire balancing. Has anyone taken their car back to the dealer for vibration problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually warranty dose not cover tires. I have mine balanced with every rotation and service from Nissan. I think Nissan charges like 20-30 bucks to rotate and balance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts