Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my 1.8S cvt transmission less than 10 days ago. it now has bit under 500 miles. (still in process of break-in) However, I noticed that during cold weather (About 35-50 degrees), There's fogs and bit of moistures inside of the headlights. (Yes, inside. Tried to wipe off) I was wondering If your cube has this following problem? Also second problem is that when I turn on heat positioned windshield to defrost A/C button automatically on. that's no problem. After I position to my legs and turn off A/C button, I noticed the car has bit of idling issue. Same problem when I try to press window up botton when windows are fully closed. Don't get me wrong, It's a beautiful car and runs very smooth. but these problems really DO bother me since I purchased the car Brand New not used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
No fog here.

Idle problem - not sure, but since you mentioned it happens with windows operating, perhaps the battery is low? Sometimes dealers let batteries run down by accidentally leaving a dome light on after test drives. See if you can check battery power (Triple A does it for me no charge).
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
This is going to be an educated GUESS! ;)

The idle issues are from your alternator, you are changing the voltage and amperage required, thus kicking in the alternator or turning it off and the engines computers have to take a sec to correct the timing and fuel requirements. You would think the "UP" button on the window would be minor, but in the up position the motor has to surge hard to move an unmovable window so the juice gets kicked up a notch. Do this at night with the head lights on, notice the headlights dim wile the button is pushed. :yes:

Someone else might have a better answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
schtebie said:
If there's moisture in the headlights, you should bring it by the dealer. Your headlights may not be sealed properly.
Wow, this is pretty ridiculous experience of buying a new car. Never thought I would have an issue like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
none said:
No fog here.

Idle problem - not sure, but since you mentioned it happens with windows operating, perhaps the battery is low? Sometimes dealers let batteries run down by accidentally leaving a dome light on after test drives. See if you can check battery power (Triple A does it for me no charge).
The car had 19 miles on the odometer and thought it wasn't too bad even though I figured there has to be some test driving history since it's over 10 miles. Might contact my dealer and see If they can test the battery and replace it at no charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
BentoBox said:
schtebie said:
If there's moisture in the headlights, you should bring it by the dealer. Your headlights may not be sealed properly.
Wow, this is pretty ridiculous experience of buying a new car. Never thought I would have an issue like this.
It's unfortunate that you're experiencing these issues. Every prospective buyer wants a perfect car right off the dealer lot. A lot of the time, it works out that way. When it doesn't, the manufacturer's warranty comes into play. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Bentobox....

What kind of idling issue? If you hold the window switches and the engine RPM drops, yes, that's normal. Most if not all of the cars I have had do that. It will also change the A/C kicks in and out. If it's continually hunting, then that probably is odd.

Cheers!

Dang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so Is it okay to take it to any nissan dealership for warranty? or should I bring it to the dealer that I purchased from?

However, I found one more problems.
Car makes whiny noise while cruising at low speed. I'm guessing CVT transmission? Does yours too?

Now I'm at close to 600 miles. when should I do my first oil change? I was thinking somewhere around 600-1000 miles but wasn't too sure. Would my break-in period end 600 miles or 1200 miles? I heard it's bad to go over 50mph but I did up to 70 mph so far. Is that okay? What else would you guys recommend during this period?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
schtebie said:
If there's moisture in the headlights, you should bring it by the dealer. Your headlights may not be sealed properly.
I had a similar issue with the tail lights of my previous car... they didn't just hold a little moisture though they would fill up with an inch or two of water. Took the car back to the dealer and they threw a new set on and I never had another problem. The first set must have been made at 3:30 on a Friday! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
BentoBox said:
so Is it okay to take it to any nissan dealership for warranty? or should I bring it to the dealer that I purchased from?
Any Nissan dealership can perform warranty repairs on your Cube. It doesn't have to be the one your purchased your Cube from.

However, I found one more problems.
Car makes whiny noise while cruising at low speed. I'm guessing CVT transmission? Does yours too?
What kind of whining noise?

Now I'm at close to 600 miles. when should I do my first oil change? I was thinking somewhere around 600-1000 miles but wasn't too sure. Would my break-in period end 600 miles or 1200 miles? I heard it's bad to go over 50mph but I did up to 70 mph so far. Is that okay? What else would you guys recommend during this period?
I believe the owner's manual says the break-in period ends around 1200 miles. Drive your car as you normally would -- just don't be overly aggressive. I drove my car at 70 miles per hour with 8 miles on the odometer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
schtebie said:
BentoBox said:
so Is it okay to take it to any nissan dealership for warranty? or should I bring it to the dealer that I purchased from?
Any Nissan dealership can perform warranty repairs on your Cube. It doesn't have to be the one your purchased your Cube from.

However, I found one more problems.
Car makes whiny noise while cruising at low speed. I'm guessing CVT transmission? Does yours too?
What kind of whining noise?

Now I'm at close to 600 miles. when should I do my first oil change? I was thinking somewhere around 600-1000 miles but wasn't too sure. Would my break-in period end 600 miles or 1200 miles? I heard it's bad to go over 50mph but I did up to 70 mph so far. Is that okay? What else would you guys recommend during this period?
I believe the owner's manual says the break-in period ends around 1200 miles. Drive your car as you normally would -- just don't be overly aggressive. I drove my car at 70 miles per hour with 8 miles on the odometer.
It's not easy to explain this noise. Well, It's coming from the engine or underneath of the car, very quiet and hard to even notice. but I can definitely hear it when the music, a/c, and heat is off with windows up. Just try it with your cube and you'll notice it If you have that noise problem like mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Moisture in headlights - that's a definite defect that must be fixed, with new headlights. As someone said, they were not sealed properly, so moisture is getting inside and will remain there forever. Demand new headlights.

I had an old car that allowed water into the rear lights, and it would kill the light bulbs. The only solution was to drill little holes at the bottom of the lights to let the water out. You don't want to do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
BentoBox said:
Car makes whiny noise while cruising at low speed.
Now I am definitely pointing fingers at the alternator!

Yes, you can (and should!!!) take it to any Nissan dealer. They get paid for warranty repairs from Nissan, so they don't care where you bought it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
if it is foggy in the headlight what you should do is overnight or during the day on a dry day is open up the hood take off the rubber plug for the headlight and remove the bulb. It should clear up the next day and put everything back in and make sure that the rubber stopper is on really good. I had this problem and now it is fixed. Unfortunately water likes to pool up right next to that rubber stopper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
none said:
BentoBox said:
Car makes whiny noise while cruising at low speed.
Now I am definitely pointing fingers at the alternator!

Yes, you can (and should!!!) take it to any Nissan dealer. They get paid for warranty repairs from Nissan, so they don't care where you bought it.
hmm. that's so weird for such a brand new car. I thought it was coming from CVT transmission.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
BentoBox said:
Now I'm at close to 600 miles. when should I do my first oil change? I was thinking somewhere around 600-1000 miles but wasn't too sure. Would my break-in period end 600 miles or 1200 miles? I heard it's bad to go over 50mph but I did up to 70 mph so far. Is that okay? What else would you guys recommend during this period?
Read your owner's manual and follow its break-in and maintenance recommendations!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top