Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some cube hater pulled the little side light off the passenger side of our cube :(

Parts are not available around here, and the little plastic clip is all that is required to reconnect the light, and that part is $90 and we may have to wait indefinately to get one. I presume there will be a labour charge also... Its the equivalent of a zip tie. I can get a box of 100 zip ties for $5.

end of rant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably some Scion elitist. Check Ebay if it's the front fender light. Might get lucky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd never consider making a $90 insurance claim. Its no biggie, but its gonna be a while until the part is available around here.

Its just some kid likely. Thanks for the kind words.

Its the little clear light on the front 1/4 panels above the front tires. On one side of Sparky its just a hole right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm sure that someone on here wouldn't mind going to the dealer and getting the parts you needed then send them to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very kind, not necessary, we've already been to the dealer & ordered the part, and they are not charging us labour, it's going to be under $90 taxes incl.

Plus, I'm in a fairly remote part of Canada, not easy to ship me anything cheaply.

Thanks for the consideration, though.

·
2,084 Posts
Well I have wanted to replace the bulbs in my side markers for LED's but not this way. Sorry to hear it. Anything that happens to these cars in the short term will cost as supplies will be limited for a while.

Christine ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
One of my fears as well. We have a few dirtbag kids in our neighborhood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChristineK said:
Well I have wanted to replace the bulbs in my side markers for LED's but not this way. Sorry to hear it. Anything that happens to these cars in the short term will cost as supplies will be limited for a while.

Christine ;)
Its all fixed, and our dealer was kind enough not to charge labour on the very quick job, I think it only wound up costing $40-$45.

·
2,084 Posts
Sakuraba said:
ChristineK said:

Christine ;)
Its all fixed, and our dealer was kind enough not to charge labour on the very quick job, I think it only wound up costing $40-$45.
I am so glad this worked out for you and was painless in the end. Always nice when a plan comes together. Better would have been having the idiot respect your things and not molest your cube. :sick:

·
Registered
89 Posts
ChristineK said:

Christine ;)
Christine did you ever replace your side marker bulbs with LED and if so any trouble getting the marker lights off?

·
Registered
472 Posts
BAL said:
ChristineK said:

Christine ;)
Christine did you ever replace your side marker bulbs with LED and if so any trouble getting the marker lights off?
i have replaced my side marker bulbs and it is very simple: push against the left side of the marker towords the right and the side marker will pop out, the twist the harness till the bulb comes out then do the reverse to install

·
Registered
472 Posts
i just replaced mine with red bulbs, but im sure the LEDs would look nothing short of sexy :yes:

·
2,084 Posts
Since this came back up, the LED thing is awesome. Mine have been converted for a year or so. It is just as bright if not brighter and it will last way longer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ChristineK said:
Since this came back up, the LED thing is awesome. Mine have been converted for a year or so. It is just as bright if not brighter and it will last way longer.
Totally easy to replace the side marker lights, i also installed (amber) LED's and very happy that i did, i didnt want anything to outrageous, so i stuck with the legal color. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts