Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys i just wanted to know if any other cuber has a problem with getting shocked after you close a door when u are getting off the car?

·
2,084 Posts
Its static electricity buildup. Once the summer comes and the humidity goes up this will diminish.

One way to reduce this is get some picture hanging wire and a washer, find a desecrate hidden area under the car and twist the wire around the metal, twist the washer to the other end making sure the washer can touch the ground at least a tiny bit. Every time you hit a bump the natural ground will be made and the static buildup released.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrighty but its everytime and its a danger bcz if you go fuel it can blow up so ima see wat they tell me monday at the dealership

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just make sure you touch the metal of the car when getting out to fuel so you're not sparking while fueling. Once you get zapped, static electricity will hardly build up until you drive again.
Christine's suggestion works, I've had that on many other cars!

·
2,084 Posts
Attended an explosives training course a few years back and we tested this, shock transfer from car to human ground, it registered like 20,000 volts of electricity across the body.

But wait there is more, We tested a female wearing nylons and a polyester skirt (me) walking past this meter and it hit like 80,000 volts of electricity. The nylons and polyester rubbing together created a huge amount of electricity. Warning Will Robinson don't dress for success and handle explosives!! :eek:

Educational moment for those not aware, the above is huge amounts of electricity but it lacks Amperage so it is harmless unless dealing with flammable or sensitive explosives. Lead Azide and static = you disappear like magic! Pink Fog :-\

·
Registered
839 Posts
What Christine suggested earlier will work and you can place it discreetly somewhere under the car (kinda in the middle). That's called a static wire. You can also find someone in your area that sells airplane stuff, even some Army / Navy surplus stores. Look for something called a Static Wick. One end will have a piece of metal similar to a wire terminal end with a hole in it. It will be attached to a rubber hose about 6" long and at the other end of the hose there will be some fibers sticking out almost like a paint brush. You can bolt this to a discreet location under the car as with the static wire, but unlike the wire it won't have to touch (bump) the ground. Instead, the passing air will wick off the static electricity. If you look at an airplane you will see several of these on the trailing edge of the wing and ailerons, flaps, etc. They work GREAT. Again, they're called static wicks, cause they wick off static electricity. - Aloha, Dan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its static :eek: rub a dryer sheet over your seats. Wow I have some big shocks off mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts