Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the UK & trying to find a "Shag Pile dash topper" for my car, but most of the USA Nissan sites don't ship to my country. Can anyone give me some advise on where I can purchase one of these lovely items.. ;D

·
Registered
657 Posts
i would sell you mine but i dont really wanna ship it out. you can try ebay.com they will ship to you. you can try other USA dealers some dealers ship out country and some dont. you can try canada dealers too. i got something from canada and im in the US and they shipped it to me but some dealers i called would do it.

try this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUBE...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi, I'm showing my ignorance here (yet again :(), but is there anything fundamentally different between the shag topper in the SL and picking up and trimming a square foot of standard Shag carpet?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do not get the shag topper. Seems like it would collect dirt. Might be a good spot for sunglasses on those constantly-taking-them-on-and-off days, though.

·
2,084 Posts
The dash on the cube has a dip for this appliance. I have the shag and agree it is mostly useless but it is a monumental piece as everyone says "what is this for" and of course they must pick it up!

·
Registered
38 Posts
ChristineK said:
The dash on the cube has a dip for this appliance. I have the shag and agree it is mostly useless but it is a monumental piece as everyone says "what is this for" and of course they must pick it up!
It lifts on and off? Hmm, I didn't know that. Might be worth the occasional sunglass-holding duty. Plus, you're right, the "what the heck is that?" factor could be fun..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Or you can simply turn it upside down and use it as a tire scrubber, It wouldnt touch my paint though...! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read this bit of carpet is made to hold mobile phones etc so they don't slip off the top of the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My lovely bit of "Shag" carpet arrived today all the way from USA (I live in the UK), I did not realise it was that big. :eek: Time to add it to the dash 2morrow.

·
Registered
672 Posts
joeremi said:
I do not get the shag topper. Seems like it would collect dirt. Might be a good spot for sunglasses on those constantly-taking-them-on-and-off days, though.
You hit the nail on the head! It is a dust collector. The dust in the car tends to settle on that piece of specially-treated carpet, so the rest of the car stays clean. It's one of those unexplainable scientific facts - like gravity or the fourth dimension. Just remove it a bang it against a tree once a week, and you're good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts