Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i took the cube into nissan cause the service light came on,turns out it was a bad bypass valve,they also replaced the rear door handles,and i also had them change the oil,so they would quit calling me every week saying its been over 6 months since i purchased the vehicle,i only have 1162 miles on it,..maybe i need to drive it more.

·
Registered
315 Posts
only 1162 in 6 months? You definitely need to drive it more... lol.
Just go drive for the heck of it... even if it's just to see people stare at you ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe I am having a brain fart or something but what is a bypass valve?

I hit 16,000 smiles on mine last week. Bought it at the end of May, 2009. Knock on wood, I haven't had a single problem.

EDIT: nevermind my question above, it has to do with the EVAP system. I had to replace one on my Dakota once.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've got 12k on mine and I bought it on August 20th. But it looks much older since the whole nose of the car is peppered with rock chips. A snow plow blasted my car with a ton of crap while driving past on the opposite side of the street. I hate snow plows, and worse is an operator who doesn't know how to properly set one up to make everything blast out on the right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
LOL!!

I just bought my Cube 5 weeks ago with 50 miles on it. I now have over 3200 miles on it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ChristineK said:
I just hit 11K on mine and I bought it in June 09.
Wow 11k miles.....and you have like 15 other cars to drive don't you?

David - Dallas, TX
10 Nissan Cube SL
07 Honda Fit Sport
00 Nissan Xterra
91 Nissan NX2000

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought my car two months ago and haven't done oil change yet. gotta hit up dealership soon.

3 months and 2,500 miles here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
bigjcvegas said:
Well i took the cube into nissan cause the service light came on,turns out it was a bad bypass valve,they also replaced the rear door handles,and i also had them change the oil,so they would quit calling me every week saying its been over 6 months since i purchased the vehicle,i only have 1162 miles on it,..maybe i need to drive it more.

EDIT: nevermind my question above, it has to do with the EVAP system.

I've had a mystery intermittent SES light. It throws a code I've posted up before that has to do with emission. Never figured it out and it hasn't come back. I'm guessing the EVAP is emissions related? :-\ 8)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sometimes, Cubes can throw codes during Cuberty. It is becoming all too apparent that Cuberty is a rough and hard time for the Cube. Does yours have the Cubic hair yet? If so, you should have some peace of mind as your car Cube is going to only get better from here on out.

Oh yeah, check the gas cap. I always make it a point to at least spin the cap at least three clicks when screwing it back on. Also, don't overfill the tank! While filling with gas, when the nozzle stops, don't go beyond that. Over filling can damage the EVAP system.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ewraven said:
Sometimes, Cubes can throw codes during Cuberty. It is becoming all too apparent that Cuberty is a rough and hard time for the Cube. Does yours have the Cubic hair yet? If so, you should have some peace of mind as your car Cube is going to only get better from here on out.

Oh yeah, check the gas cap. I always make it a point to at least spin the cap at least three clicks when screwing it back on. Also, don't overfill the tank! While filling with gas, when the nozzle stops, don't go beyond that. Over filling can damage the EVAP system.
:D I do have the hair and I also click the cap 3 times. I do however top the tank when filling. I don't know why. I think it was from the 70's when there was rationing and gas lines. You had to get every drop you could fit in the tank. :yes: I know some of the cubers reading this have never had that experience and don't even know that it actually happened. :eek: 8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
yea mine came on too for the same reason and I still have a paper tag and only 900 miles on it bad Bypass valve the parts on order

·
Registered
53 Posts
My SES light came on after having it for only a week. They told me it was the gas cap (I checked it .....but ok :roll:) and sent me on my way. It came on two weeks later, and they said it was a faulty vent control valve, which they replaced. That was a month ago. It's on again and it is really, really driving me nuts. I'm going to call another dealer on Monday and hope to get it in ASAP. Any thoughts though? I mean, I know it could be a million things.....but I'm concerned because I have a trip coming up and it will be just me and my kids. Is the valve they replaced what others have mentioned above? (Please excuse my mechanical ignorance!)

Michelle

·
Registered
103 Posts
yep mine it's the vent control valve my dealer has not replaced it because the parts on order they cleared mine like last week and still has not come on

·
2,084 Posts
Mine threw codes and the light never came on. That was the first question they asked "is the check engine light on?" Nope.

The gas cap thing is for real, if the gas cap is not tightened correctly it will stop the car cold. Not like back in the when you lost the gas cap and stuffed a rag in there (think mobile molotov cocktail)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought about you when that light came on, Christine. Though mine has "surged" once before it's never done it again. I defintely don't think that this is transmission related. As for the gas cap, yes I know that not screwing it on properly can cause issues, I just don't think it was causing the issue that day. The just blew it off, said that's what it was and cleared it. When it came on a week later is when the did the valve replacement. I just can't imagine what it is this time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Going on hour 3 at the dealer. They say that the diagnostics say specifically that there is a leak coming from my gas cap. I knew a code would say if it WAS leaking, but would it say it's coming right from the cap itself?

Ugh. Just want it fixed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hour four and I just saw it go around the corner. Maybe it's done?? :yes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, so they put on a new gas cap and it still registered a leak. So they went through it part by part and determined it was a bad o-ring on the canister. I sure hope that's it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dang this sucks stupid check engine light came on again on the way to work last night so long story short at dealer now waiting for my wife to come get me they said its gonna be a while so we shall see what it is now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts