Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firestone wanted $350 for a new belt and tensioner pulley so I ordered factory parts and will do it myself. Car has 110K miles. I saw a few YouTube videos of Versa’s but limited videos on the Cube. I suppose I clear out the area where I need to access the pulley and go to work. I have serpentine belt tools.

Any tips from folks that have actually done this job?

· Registered
33 Posts
Fortunately, I have not yet needed to do this. The Versa shares the same powertrain as the Cube and the setup underneath the hood should be very similar to the Cube

· Registered
19 Posts
Firestone wanted $350 for a new belt and tensioner pulley so I ordered factory parts and will do it myself. Car has 110K miles. I saw a few YouTube videos of Versa’s but limited videos on the Cube. I suppose I clear out the area where I need to access the pulley and go to work. I have serpentine belt tools.

Any tips from folks that have actually done this job?
No tips, other than good luck. The engine area is tightly spaced, as I am sure you are well aware. fwiw, I paid $350 last month for a new belt and tensioner after 125,000 miles.

· Registered
2013 Metallic Grey Cube S
6 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

this is An old post, and you probably have the repair done long ago, but maybe someone can use the tip. The mounting bolt for the tensioner pulley is too long to come out from the car to remove it, so here was my solution…I drilled a hole big enough for the bolt to come out. I think the service manual called for one of the motor mounts to be loosened and the engine jacked up (or lowered, I forget) to remove the bolt, but this worked fine and the plug I inserted into the hole can be removed if the tensioner pulley starts screaming again. A bit of a hack job, but …whatever!

· Registered
64 Posts
View attachment 6431
this is An old post, and you probably have the repair done long ago, but maybe someone can use the tip. The mounting bolt for the tensioner pulley is too long to come out from the car to remove it, so here was my solution…I drilled a hole big enough for the bolt to come out. I think the service manual called for one of the motor mounts to be loosened and the engine jacked up (or lowered, I forget) to remove the bolt, but this worked fine and the plug I inserted into the hole can be removed if the tensioner pulley starts screaming again. A bit of a hack job, but …whatever!
It's said that, "Necessity is the mother of invention." I say, "Well done my friend!" I'm going to remember this because it's a genius solution not a hack job.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's said that, "Necessity is the mother of invention." I say, "Well done my friend!" I'm going to remember this because it's a genius solution not a hack job.
View attachment 6431
Very helpful. I haven’t done it yet. I did notice on mine when I changed out my motor mounts that there was a hole that allowed access to the long tensioner pulley bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts