Nissan Cube Life - Nissan Cube Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys -

First of all, I want to thank those of you who commented with kind words of encouragement when I posted "anyone with regrets". After much (and I mean MUCH) debate, I have decided that I am going to TRY to sell my Cube. There are many things that factored into my final decision. As I stated in my original post, my husband is not a fan of the Cube at all. That being said, normally his opinion doesn't sway me one way or the other but I made an impulse decision on a car that will eventually become his when our Focus dies (I work for a hospital as a transcriptionist but work from home so I myself don't really "need" a car). I've gone back and forth on whether or not to keep the Cube until the Focus dies then try to sell the Cube or just sell it now thinking maybe I could get the most out of it since it is practically brand new. The whole car buying process was sort of a headache from the get-go for me. This was my first brand new car purchase and I bought on impulse. I feel that in keeping the Cube along with it will always be the feelings of "why did I buy on impulse, why didn't I buy the car we originally agreed on getting, etc., etc.". I figure maybe there is someone out there who would love to have a Cube who could benefit from the discounts I received. I will post the details in the "for sale" section of the forum. Again, thanks to those of you who were so kind and supportive. There truly are some great people on this site!!!

·
2,084 Posts
I think her regret will be the loss she has to take to sell the "NEW" car as used. That noted she will keep it as it is cheaper to accept than to offload.

If I sold my cube today I would take a huge loss, the dollar loss level a tiny bit over time.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry to hear the decision went that way, but you are surely the best person to decide. The driven-off-the-lot depreciation is a tough hit, but if your husband is unquestionably the eventual driver, and he definitely doesn't like it, I can understand the need to reposition. I hope the selling goes well and that you are comfortable with your decision.

·
Registered
839 Posts
CK is right in saying you will suffer a huge loss. A new car takes a huge loss the minute it's driven off the lot. For a reality check on where you stand, I would to take the car to a CarMax and see what they offer you. You know what ever they offer you will be a low ball, but it will at least give you an idea as to what you can actually sell it for on the open market. You have one thing going for you that most car sellers don't. It's still such a new model and dealers aren't swampped with them, so a savy buyer will most likely take it off your hands. A good place to start is to take what ever CarMax offers you and the price you paid for it, split the difference (or somewhere in between) and start from there. Yes you're going to take a loss, but a savy buyer is also getting a great price over getting one off the lot. Good luck, we hate to see you go. But at the same time this is an opportunity for a new owner to join the group. - Dan

·
Registered
150 Posts
none said:
Must... bite...tongue...
HEE HEE HEE.

You should speak freely

I also am sorry to see you sell it. But as others have said you only know best. I can safely say My husband hates my car. Why ? because he is a nissan master tech. The good news he drives it. He accepted it and he can fix it. LOL His hate was based on the blood sweat and injuries that went into my xb to get it to show class more then it just being a nissan. So good luck with the sale, and the purchase of a new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts